Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

rebelhoosier848891

UM Graduate Transfer Max Bielfeldt To IU

Chicago will act quickly before Minnesota gets too involved. He has history with Minnesota, but he inherits better talent at Chicago. Of course replacing a coach that went to the playoffs in the 5 years he was there would seem to say the expectations will be high. Either way, I don't see him staying at Iowa State.

You could argue that the talent in Minnesota will be better than Chicago next year.

Idk, Minnesota might be looking pretty attractive right about now.

I'd say Minnesota is more intriguing because of young talent. Bulls are intriguing because of veteran talent and they're in the East. But the T'Wolves have Wiggins, LaVine, Rubio and the #1 pick(Should be getting Towns). Plus I think a good trade piece in Pek.

I probably shouldn't have the attitude that I do, but I want guys who have us as option a and not option b. If we get him great, but it will probably take me a while longer to warm up to him thinking we're his second choice.

we need to establish a plan A here quick and make him our plan B as he seems to be making us

Strange recruitment----but does anyone else find it interesting Crean is not bringing in back-up bigs to put the pressure on Max ??? Either Crean feels pretty confident we end up with Max----or he already has a back-up plan in place. Just my thoughts. We shall se how this plays out.

Crean's backup plan is Hartman/Holt playing the 5 and bringing in two "diamonds in the rough" from Idaho and Vermont.

I really hope there is a plan B for a backup 5 man.

I probably shouldn't have the attitude that I do, but I want guys who have us as option a and not option b. If we get him great, but it will probably take me a while longer to warm up to him thinking we're his second choice.

I could be wrong but I honestly don't really think it's that he likes one place or the other all that much more.  Both us and ISU are in similar standing for next year (top 10ish team, not a ton of size), but one of those teams involves him playing in the same conference and competing against a lot of his close friends at Michigan.  I wouldn't hold it against him at all if we're his 2nd choice.  It makes sense, and if he does end up here and busts his ass day 1, you won't hear any complaints from me.

I could be wrong but I honestly don't really think it's that he likes one place or the other all that much more. Both us and ISU are in similar standing for next year (top 10ish team, not a ton of size), but one of those teams involves him playing in the same conference and competing against a lot of his close friends at Michigan. I wouldn't hold it against him at all if we're his 2nd choice. It makes sense, and if he does end up here and busts his ass day 1, you won't hear any complaints from me.

ISU is almost Top 5. I don't see how IU is starting out Top 15. I get it with ISU. They're really good. If Hoiberg stays then they have a much better coach than we do(which isn't really that hard).

Indiana was a clearly better team in January than February/March, we didn't sustain the level of play, but we were around 15 then. Much of that was James and Rob hitting that wall around 20 games and of course porous defense.

We should be better