Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

rebelhoosier848891

UM Graduate Transfer Max Bielfeldt To IU

and the reason?

Yes. Playing time would be the reason. He would be assured 30 mins per game at Nebraska. But does he realize he would be responsible for defending Thomas Bryant, Diamond Stone, AJ Hammons, Devonta Davis, Ohio State's guy, etc if he went to Nebraska? They have no big men. If he goes there, he better like a challenge.

Still waiting......All things being equal---I still think he would come here over Nebraska and ISU---but they may not be equal if someone has promised him a starting spot.  He may be tired of the bench or role player status---and want to be "the man".  Not sure IU can or would guarantee that-- but someone may be doing so.  He has to make the best decision for him---we will be OK either way. I still hope he comes and have to think the possibility of playing in another final four would be a strong consideration. That is not likely at ISU or Nebraska.

All good points but I still think he could carve a role at IU. Even if Bryant is healthy he will have a game where he gets in foul trouble and it would be unfair to force Hartman to play center again. The x factor would be Emmitt Holt in that situation. Max could play the glue guy role if that ever happens if he comes like Hanner would have considering his experience and size. But if Bryant can avoid foul trouble injury his high motor will help with depth inside the post eliminating the need for Max. 

I think everyone sees the writing on the wall that Hoiberg is leaving, it's just a matter of when.

In terms of him choosing Nebraska or Indiana, it all comes down to what his role would be.  Nebraska was really bad last year and Petteway and Pitchford are gone.  As someone said, he might be able to get a lot of minutes there......but he's still a role player just playing more minutes.  Maybe he averages 8 points and 5 rebounds on a pretty crummy team instead of 5 and 3.

What I don't understand is why Tim Miles is pursuing him.  He has a young team that is in desperate need of rebuilding....and his recruiting class coming in is decent for a Nebraksa program.  But two of the recruits coming in are power forwards....not sure how adding a graduate transfer power forward helps them out.

Not worth own thread. Since Nebraska is being discussed, I'll drop this here:

@CBSSportsCBB: Tim Miles now making $2 million per year through 2020. http://t.co/AXPqrOVjA8

Saw that and was stunned...what has he done to earn the extension? Took a team pretty well regarded and got nothing from it last year. I figured this would be a do-or-die season for him upcoming. Obviously not. I suspect he has dirt on someone  :biggrin:

He is not choosing IU. When it takes this long to decide, he does not want to take a shot at a National Championship. I would think he would have been a positive addition.

So Indiana has a chance at a national championship next year but Iowa State doesn't?  They won the Big 12 tournament championship last year and were ranked ninth coming into the NCAA tournament....they have their top three scorers and four of their top five returning.

If he 'didn't want to take a shot at a national championship' and only cared about minutes, he wouldn't have Indiana or Iowa State on his list and he would be deciding between Nebraska and DePaul.

I think Bielfeldt wants to go to ISU. Usually when a kid wants IU, they pull the trigger ASAP.

That's a fair point and you may be correct sir however I hope he just wants to make a deliberate and final decision after weighing everything.  After all he h as been at Mich for 4 years already and is not like an eager kid coming out of high school.

Saw that and was stunned...what has he done to earn the extension? Took a team pretty well regarded and got nothing from it last year. I figured this would be a do-or-die season for him upcoming. Obviously not. I suspect he has dirt on someone  :biggrin:

Every time something doesn't go the way someone expects, we hear the "got dirt on someone" schtick. It really gets old. Freud said that sometimes, a cigar is just a cigar. SMFH