Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

hyzy

Devin Davis cited for marijuana possession

Didn't Glass state last year that when he had his talk with the team that very clear consequences were laid down?  If so, Crean may not have any choice in this matter.  I for one think enough is enough. If a line was drawn last year by Glass and Crean, then they have to follow through. If they do not follow through with the consequences then this becomes more of a circus.  I just hope they were told that any more non sense would result in dismissal from the team   

He has been suspended from team effective immediately - IU Statement: We have been made aware that Indiana sophomore Devin Davis was cited by IUPD for possession of marijuana in an IU dormitory room last evening,” IU media relations said in a statement. “Effective immediately, Davis has been suspended from all team activities. Any additional action related to Davis’ status will occur after further review of this matter. We understand that junior Hanner Mosquera-Perea was present at the time of the incident but was not charged by IUPD. Mosquera-Perea’s role, if any, will also be reviewed as part of this matter.”

oh good lord. It gets worse! With Hanner present.

[attachment=2117:ImageUploadedByBtownBanners1431451100.462985.jpg]

Let me guess... He was holding it for a friend? Someone in the room jammed it into his bag? Unfortunately, even if this is true - they were in a room with a STRONG marijuana smell and as basketball players should be smarter to leave that situation all together.

You also don't get benefit of the doubt when you Have a starting lineup filled with arrests.

I'm trying to think of something valuable to add to this thread but all I can do is shake my head.  Just a bonehead move considering past events.  And at least have an imagination and try to hide somewhere effective if you really can't live without the stuff!

I was an RA during my Sophomore year at IU in 2006-2007. I wanted the resume booster and getting a free place to live and free food + get paid was a pretty decent situation.

At my first meeting with my guys, we went over the rules and how to survive in the dorms. My ONLY rule, and I mean ONLY rule was to not smoke in your room. If you are going to drink, be smart about it. Realize that I'm not the only RA and I only work 2 nights a week so other RAs you aren't "cool" with will be around during their rounds.

As for smoking weed In a dorm, you are a complete IDIOT. Go to your car, a friends car, go on a walk, go anywhere but your dorm room. Legally, as an RA, I had no option to look the other way when it came to narcotics. Alcohol, yes I could look the other way or have them dump it out. Drugs HAD to be handled by IUPD. We weren't allowed to even knock and handle it or we'd lose our jobs.

I made my residents aware of those facts and the year went by great except for one idiotic incident with the guys DIRECTLY across the hall from my room who went after it so hard the entire hallway was filled with smoke. They were arrested with over 5 pounds in their room in dime bags... IDIOTS.

I will finish this marathon post with saying you are an IDIOT if you decide to smoke in your room. It takes one other resident calling their RA and saying Somethjng and legally the resident has to call it in or lose their KUSH job :)

The flip side of this.  My friend had an RA in Briscoe who was totally ok with residents smoked and would allow it in his room.  He would get on the RA walkie talkie system when this was happening and volunteer to do rounds or check if anyone was to make sure it was all in the clear.  

At what point do you just... grow up? I know everyone is different, and I know weed is fun for a lot of people. But Devin obviously doesn't have the right mentality and should get the boot. He's what? 20? 21? Coming off a head injury. His time should be spent on improving himself. He doesn't have time to be wasting on smoking. Add to this that its in the dorm, and how much of a bone head can you be? 

I hope Crean gives him the boot and it serves as a wake up call to everyone else on the team. 

I was an RA during my Sophomore year at IU in 2006-2007. I wanted the resume booster and getting a free place to live and free food + get paid was a pretty decent situation.

At my first meeting with my guys, we went over the rules and how to survive in the dorms. My ONLY rule, and I mean ONLY rule was to not smoke in your room. If you are going to drink, be smart about it. Realize that I'm not the only RA and I only work 2 nights a week so other RAs you aren't "cool" with will be around during their rounds.

As for smoking weed In a dorm, you are a complete IDIOT. Go to your car, a friends car, go on a walk, go anywhere but your dorm room. Legally, as an RA, I had no option to look the other way when it came to narcotics. Alcohol, yes I could look the other way or have them dump it out. Drugs HAD to be handled by IUPD. We weren't allowed to even knock and handle it or we'd lose our jobs.

I made my residents aware of those facts and the year went by great except for one idiotic incident with the guys DIRECTLY across the hall from my room who went after it so hard the entire hallway was filled with smoke. They were arrested with over 5 pounds in their room in dime bags... IDIOTS.

I will finish this marathon post with saying you are an IDIOT if you decide to smoke in your room. It takes one other resident calling their RA and saying Somethjng and legally the resident has to call it in or lose their KUSH job :)

My RA this year was the same way. He didn't care per se about the alcohol like you did. That wasn't the big issue. It was all about drugs, specifically weed. He knew it was present on the floor, but he could not do anything about it because he had preached to the floor not to smoke in the dorm rooms.
Smoking outside is risky as well with the police presence on campus. A guy on my floor caught a $500 ticket. It's really taken seriously when caught, but unless you're making it completely obvious most RAs and IUPD will turn a blind eye to it. This tells me that it was clear Davis had just smoked or preparing to smoke. This could have been avoided.

The flip side of this. My friend had an RA in Briscoe who was totally ok with residents smoked and would allow it in his room. He would get on the RA walkie talkie system when this was happening and volunteer to do rounds or check if anyone was to make sure it was all in the clear.

He shouldn't have been an RA. He's promoting illegal activity on a college campus

I honestly don't care that he "smoked weed"...I don't care if anyone does.

I care that he broke legal and team rules. In a dorm. Some people are smarter than others, I suppose.

Not saying it makes the situation any better considering the morale behind if, but why in the world could they not have gone outside or in someone's car? A dorm room, seriously? It's the dumbest thing you can do as a resident of a dorm.

The flip side of this. My friend had an RA in Briscoe who was totally ok with residents smoked and would allow it in his room. He would get on the RA walkie talkie system when this was happening and volunteer to do rounds or check if anyone was to make sure it was all in the clear.

Lol I guess that's one way for the RA to smoke and never pay lol