Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hutch89

Where will our transfers commit to?

Which juco?  My cousin just accepted an assistant coaching position at Vincennes University. I never thought about April going there, but he would be a good get . 

Looks like HMP is actually trying to transfer instead of going the Summer League/overseas/DLeague route. Or so he says.
Doesn't seem like the smartest move to me, but we'll see what happens

He would get eaten alive in most professional or semi-professional basketball leagues in the world. Especially in the US and any upper level Euro league. More college will likely help him.

He would get eaten alive in most professional or semi-professional basketball leagues in the world. Especially in the US and any upper level Euro league. More college will likely help him.

I think he would get eaten alive in the NBA, but it's not crazy to think he could catch on somewhere overseas. Lots of different levels of play out there for a guy looking to get paid. I guess he could go to a small school and not sit out but I don't know how much that will help, going up against lesser competition. Otherwise he has to sit out a year and waste time. 

Just my opinion. 

I think he would get eaten alive in the NBA, but it's not crazy to think he could catch on somewhere overseas. Lots of different levels of play out there for a guy looking to get paid. I guess he could go to a small school and not sit out but I don't know how much that will help, going up against lesser competition. Otherwise he has to sit out a year and waste time.
Just my opinion.

He could probably survive in a low-level league in Europe like where Elston or Jordy are/were playing, but they were forced into that position by graduating. Hanner has the chance to catch on somewhere that he can sit a year and work on his game then get back onto the scene the year after and get himself onto a higher level team. As an outsider looking in, I think it would be in his best interest to stay in school. He may feel differently, who knows.

He could probably survive in a low-level league in Europe like where Elston or Jordy are/were playing, but they were forced into that position by graduating. Hanner has the chance to catch on somewhere that he can sit a year and work on his game then get back onto the scene the year after and get himself onto a higher level team. As an outsider looking in, I think it would be in his best interest to stay in school. He may feel differently, who knows.

I think we might be giving him too much credit. As a guy who has screwed up in the past, is another two years of college the right situation for Hanner? It would be a smart move if he can latch on at the right school and play against (at least) decent competition and work his butt off for two years, but is he going to do that? Is he going to stay out of trouble and improve both on and off the court? I hope so, but I don't know. 

EDIT: Those are rhetorical questions, of course. 

I think we might be giving him too much credit. As a guy who has screwed up in the past, is another two years of college the right situation for Hanner? It would be a smart move if he can latch on at the right school and play against (at least) decent competition and work his butt off for two years, but is he going to do that? Is he going to stay out of trouble and improve both on and off the court? I hope so, but I don't know.

Definitely agree. My point was fully reliant on him getting his shart together. Hopefully this extreme circumstance is an eye-opener for him. Only time will tell, I guess.

He needs to go to school. He needs that degree vs counting on basketball. With his second to late reaction time dude would make many a poster in the NBA.

He needs to go to school. He needs that degree vs counting on basketball. With his second to late reaction time dude would make many a poster in the NBA.

Definitely - but there could be a huge a gap between what he needs to do and what he is capable of doing. I hope he surprises us all and gets it together, but until that happens I don't think more time in college is going to do much for him.

Hasn't it been said he is on course to possibly graduate this summer.... meaning he could then transfer to another top school (if anybody wants him with his issues) and play immediately under the Grad transfer rules? Not having to sit a year, but then getting to showcase 1 more year before going pro (NBA is the hope, but I am sure he will play Euro ball)

He could always go to China, probably look decent, and get a nice pay check

Hasn't it been said he is on course to possibly graduate this summer.... meaning he could then transfer to another top school (if anybody wants him with his issues) and play immediately under the Grad transfer rules? Not having to sit a year, but then getting to showcase 1 more year before going pro (NBA is the hope, but I am sure he will play Euro ball)

I saw this question asked, but I never read an answer.