Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

HoosierReb01

Typical ESPN crapola

Picking IU at the bottom of the B1G is always the safe pick.  Illinois is the one I don't get.  Their defense was worse than ours, they don't return anyone that great on the offense.  Yet, they are two spots above us??? 

I can't wait for the daysome does not pick us last or next to last in the B1G.

As CKW said recently, this has been a bowl team the last two years. On paper, this team is good enough to finish about 7th in the conference. But one or two things have screwed that up the last few years. I think that 13th is ridiculous and most likely will not happen, but it's a safe pick until proven otherwise.

As CKW said recently, this has been a bowl team the last two years. On paper, this team is good enough to finish about 7th in the conference. But one or two things have screwed that up the last few years. I think that 13th is ridiculous and most likely will not happen, but it's a safe pick until proven otherwise.

Pretty sure a defense that couldn't stop the opposing teams band might be one thing but it is a big thing

And no we are not the Butler of Football. Butler made to Championship games and consistently upsets the big boys. We have done neither

The defense didn't call a short pass play against Minnesota that resulted in a game ending fumble. That same D kept us in the Missouri, Ohio State, and Penn State games last year. They're obviously far from perfect, but the talent is increasing, the technique is improving, and if you think that this is the same defense as the one Bill Lynch fielded that consisted of half our baseball team, then you're not paying attention. I expect them to take a pretty big leap forward this year.

I know nothing is guarenteed with IUFB, but we should start 4-0 this season. Can't see why we can't win two conference games.

Pretty sure Kevin Wilson presided over the worst defense not only in IU history but Big Ten history.  So not really fair to use Lynch as the measure of badness.  And its IU football any and all estimates should be cut in half. 

Pretty sure Kevin Wilson presided over the worst defense not only in IU history but Big Ten history.  So not really fair to use Lynch as the measure of badness.  And its IU football any and all estimates should be cut in half. 

Kevin Wilson also had to build this entire team from scratch because Bill Lynch didn't recruit a defensive player for three years, relied on a gimmick offense that included two quarterbacks in the backfield at the same time, and fielded a team that gave up 83 points to Wisconsin. Did I mention our secondary consisted of our baseball team? Meanwhile last year CKW's team became the first Big10 team to ever beat a ranked SEC team on the road. IU has also led the conference in passing, and produced a RB who had one of the best seasons in CFB history.

Kevin Wilson is far from perfect, but this team has looked more like an actual football team than anything IU has put together in nearly two decades.

Kevin Wilson also had to build this entire team from scratch because Bill Lynch didn't recruit a defensive player for three years, relied on a gimmick offense that included two quarterbacks in the backfield at the same time, and fielded a team that gave up 83 points to Wisconsin. Did I mention our secondary consisted of our baseball team? Meanwhile last year CKW's team became the first Big10 team to ever beat a ranked SEC team on the road. IU has also led the conference in passing, and produced a RB who had one of the best seasons in CFB history.

Kevin Wilson is far from perfect, but this team has looked more like an actual football team than anything IU has put together in nearly two decades.

Umm hate to break it to ya but IUs football team was a complete joke they played a cakewalk schedule and still got their asses spanked six ways to sunday.  They gave up over 40 points 6 times last year.  Wilson hasn't built crap in his 4 years.  You say Lynch left him with a gimmick team.  Guess what they were last year and the 3 years prior.  A GIMMICK TEAM. 

Just a reference Lynch's last year we allowed 410 yards a game. 

Wilsons 4 years 459, 464, 528 and 434. 

So you say Lynchs teams sucked because he didn't recruit defense.  So what does that say about Wilson he recruits defensive players and his defenses are even worse. 

Just checked Lynchs worst defensive teams had 432 yards per game allowed.  Lynchs worst was better than Wilson best. 

Yeah losing to us was the wake up call they needed to get themselves trying again.

I think you're going out of your way to discredit the progress that has been made by CKW with this program. I agree, the results are not consistently there, but there have been plenty of positives recently.