Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

HoosierReb01

Class of 2016 Recruiting

I would love to see the focus in 2016 to be put on DT, DE, CB, and TE. I think we need to build some depth in those positions.

This is the year that we see the results of multiple solid recruiting years in a row. In Football it really take 2-3 consecutive classes to see results on the field.

This 2016 recruitment has been s-l-o-w. Spartans already have over 10 verbals, and we lost a QB to Michigan and lost Taj Williams. Our best recruiting pitch will be to win 7-8 games and go bowling. Quality recruits need to see there is progress being made. Talking about the future only works for so long.

This 2016 recruitment has been s-l-o-w. Spartans already have over 10 verbals, and we lost a QB to Michigan and lost Taj Williams. Our best recruiting pitch will be to win 7-8 games and go bowling. Quality recruits need to see there is progress being made. Talking about the future only works for so long.

Slow is this staff's MO. We are actually on the same pace as the last couple of years. One commit last year at this time, two the year before. CKW is not a big fan of early commits. 

Ok I don't know where to put this, but is it a thing with College Football Coaches where they will recruit a certain area harder in anticipation that they will move to that area? Kevin Wilson has done a tremendous job recruiting Florida and Georgia and I'm just curious if there is opportunity out there for him. I don't know if that's why he recruits that area the hardest, and I understand there are tremendous athletes out there, but still he doesn't pay attention to Indiana much. Again no inside information from me just my curiosity getting the better of me.

Ok I don't know where to put this, but is it a thing with College Football Coaches where they will recruit a certain area harder in anticipation that they will move to that area? Kevin Wilson has done a tremendous job recruiting Florida and Georgia and I'm just curious if there is opportunity out there for him. I don't know if that's why he recruits that area the hardest, and I understand there are tremendous athletes out there, but still he doesn't pay attention to Indiana much. Again no inside information from me just my curiosity getting the better of me.

I'm not sure about most of that, however you are incorrect about not paying much attention to recruiting Indiana. Its just a matter that we have struck out on most of the Indiana recruits this year. There are several committed elsewhere from Indiana that were probably top of the charts for the staff, and I would say that the staff will still be recruiting some of them right up until signing day. At the end of the day, if you don't win the battle for a player, you have to have plenty of options already in the works, and much of that is happening in Georgia and Florida.

I'm not sure about most of that, however you are incorrect about not paying much attention to recruiting Indiana. Its just a matter that we have struck out on most of the Indiana recruits this year. There are several committed elsewhere from Indiana that were probably top of the charts for the staff, and I would say that the staff will still be recruiting some of them right up until signing day. At the end of the day, if you don't win the battle for a player, you have to have plenty of options already in the works, and much of that is happening in Georgia and Florida.

Thank you for the response. Clears up most of that.