Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

(2018) SF Sidney Wilson to St. John's

1 hour ago, ccgeneral said:

Still on the radar here. 

http://www.madehoops.com/news_article/show/724275?referrer_id=1272156

Sidney Wilson had a solid showing for Brewster Academy at his first National Prep Showcase. The class of 2018 forward scored 13 points and grabbed 6 rebounds. Overall, Wilson was happy with how the game went for his team.

Wilson decided to reclassify to the class of 2018 from 2017 this past summer. Since then his bigger schools have jumped into his recruitment. This is the case with a majority of the schools that are recruiting him the hardest.

“The schools recruiting me the hardest right now are UConn, Texas, Indiana, Miami and Louisville,” he said.

The New York City native will most likely be back in his old stomping grounds tomorrow for a game visit.

“I’m supposed to attend the Texas game when they play Northwestern at the Barclays Center,” he said.

One school is offering Wilson the option to play his college basketball next year.

“It’s an option, Texas has told me that I can go 2017 if I wanted to, but I’m pretty comfortable staying in the 2018 class,” said Wilson.

Interesting

Wilson weighing re-classification.    

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/news/reclassification-decision-on-deck-for-emerging-junior-wilson

After reclassifying into the 2018 class this past fall, things have remained fluid on the recruitment for Wilson.  “UConn, Miami, Maryland, Kansas, Indiana, and Texas; those are the main ones right now,” Wilson said.  “I am still leaning toward 2018 right now. I am just working on my game and trying to get better.”  “I am still leaning toward 2018 right now. I am just working on my game and trying to get better.”

UConn and Texas are pushing him for '17.

From Crimson Quarry

• While only the most ardent of Indiana fans will remember his name, Sid Wilson is back in the recruiting picture for 2018. A 6’8”, 180 lb SF out of Brewster Academy, Wilson mentioned Indiana as one of 5 schools recruiting him the hardest right now. Having been offered by Chuck Martin and the Indiana staff before having ever suit up for a high school game, Martin’s foresight is looking very smart right now. Wilson is yet another NYC kid, as Martin continues to transform one of the biggest markets for high school basketball talent in the country into a hotbed for Indiana recruiting.

14 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

From Crimson Quarry

• While only the most ardent of Indiana fans will remember his name, Sid Wilson is back in the recruiting picture for 2018. A 6’8”, 180 lb SF out of Brewster Academy, Wilson mentioned Indiana as one of 5 schools recruiting him the hardest right now. Having been offered by Chuck Martin and the Indiana staff before having ever suit up for a high school game, Martin’s foresight is looking very smart right now. Wilson is yet another NYC kid, as Martin continues to transform one of the biggest markets for high school basketball talent in the country into a hotbed for Indiana recruiting.

NYC is a hotbed for Indiana recruiting??

No mention at all of IU.

New York City native Sidney Wilson was back in his old stomping grounds this past weekend practicing with his AAU team, New Heights (NY). Prior to this high school season, Wilson decided to transfer to one of the top prep schools throughout the country in Brewster Academy and reclassify to the class of 2018 from 2017. He played a big role and helped them win a NEPSAC “AAA” Championship, National Prep Championship and finish with a 33-0 record. Wilson is thrilled with how his first season at Brewster Academy went.

“It was really good, it helped me out a lot by playing with such good teammates and tough competition,” he said. “There’s a lot of talent there and being there made me raise my level of play so I’m just trying to bring that here to New Heights. I got a lot stronger and my game matured a great deal.”

He was happy to be back in New York to prepare for this AAU season with New Heights.

“Yea we have good people here and we are trying to have a winning season,” said Wilson. “I just went undefeated in my high school season so I’m trying to win as many games as possible. I want to lead the younger guys and win a championship down the road.”

He has seen a lot more schools get involved with his recruitment since this high school season started.

“Miami, Syracuse, Florida, UConn, Providence, UCLA and Kansas are the new schools to jump into my recruitment,” Wilson said.

Although some of those schools started recruiting Wilson fairly recently, they have made sure to recruit the class of 2018 forward heavily.

“Texas, UConn, Miami, Florida and Syracuse are recruiting me the hardest right now,” he told MADE Hoops. “Those schools are all doing a great job.”

Syracuse was the most recent school to extend an offer to Wilson. He has been in touch with a famous alumnus of the University.

“They do well with New York guys, I’ve spoken with Carmelo Anthony about them and he is very adamant about going to Syracuse,” he said. “He thinks that would be a good place for me. They didn’t make the tournament this year, but they have a lot of talent there. I’ve been in contact with Coach Red Autry, who does a good job recruiting New York City guys.”

Texas offered him in late July and have been in contact ever since.

“They have been telling me that they need someone that can score and defend,” he said. “They also like my ability to slash to the basket and shoot the ball. They have a good point guard coming in Matt Coleman, who I’ve spoken to a couple of times. They just want me to fill the void at the wing position.”

Florida has done a good job making a good impression on Wilson in a short period of time.

“They do a good job with guys at my position, which is intriguing to me,” said Wilson. “They also do a good job conditioning and adding weight to their players so they get ready for the next level.”

The UConn Huskies see Wilson as a priority for their 2018 recruiting class.

“They have been preaching to me that UConn has a great tradition,” he said. “They have four national championships in the past 18 years so they have great history. They think that I can get better there and it’s close to home. They have good guard play and they think that I would fit in as a good wing player for them.”

Wilson has talked a lot with another New York City native in Miami Head Coach Jim Larrañaga.

“Coach Jim Larrañaga has done a great job communicating with me,” Wilson said. “He talks to me about what it takes to make it to the NBA. He’s been around a lot of talent so he knows what it takes to reach the next level.”

The plan for him is to take his time with the recruiting process.

“I’m waiting it out, I’m trying to take my time with it all,” said Wilson. “I probably won’t cut my list until after the April live period and then I will try and make a decision right before my high school season starts.”

If things go extremely well, we will be speculating on Romeo Langford instead of Sidney Wilson soon.

I think any coach, Donovan or Alford could get this kid. We all know he's interested in IU, he just wasnt interested or Crean or Crean really wasn't interested in him (what an idiot)

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

From Zagsblog - no mention at all of our favorite school.

Brewster (N.H.) Academy and New Heights wing Sid Wilson now plans to attend college in 2017 after initially reclassifying to 2018 last July when he transferred from St. Raymond’s High School in The Bronx.

The 6-foot-7 Wilson told me at the recent Under Armor stop in New York that four schools are working the hardest: Texas, Maryland, Florida and Syracuse.

He broke down each school:

Texas: “I have a great relationship with them, the whole coaching staff. I took a visit down there last summer, it was wonderful, I loved it.”

Florida: “They showing me a lot of love. They sent three of the coaches to my open gym [at Brewster Academy], that was real big. One of my teammates [Mike Okauru] committed to Florida, he told me a lot about how they train and get players together.”

Maryland: “Me and coach Bino [Ranson] are real cool. They talk to me a lot. I like the program a lot.”

Syracuse: “Hometown favorite school. Me and coach Red [Autry] have a good relationship, I’ve known him since the eighth grade.”

UConn is also interested in Wilson for 2017. In January he said of the Huskies:

“They’re great as well. Coach [Dwayne] Killings was recruiting me even when he was at Temple, so he moved to UConn and he started pushing for me there. Coach [Kevin] Ollie, when I went on an unofficial, his message was great to me. He just felt that I was one of those players he could just push to be great so that was mind-boggling to me, like he’s got that much faith in me as a player.”

FWIW plus the fact he at held an IU offer from FCTC.

After having spent the summer on campus and taking classes, Sid Wilson has decided that St. John's is not the place he wants to be and has been granted his release 'for personal reasons.'  He'll have to sit out '17-'18 and is prohibited from transferring to any other Big East school.  

http://www.zagsblog.com/2017/08/29/st-johns-sid-wilson-transfer/