Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
ccgeneral

(2018) PG Jon Kabongo to Virginia Tech

31 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

2018 guard Jon Kabongo just verbally committed to Virginia Tech, per Putnam Science Academy coach Josh Scraba.
Evan Daniels

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Buzz Williams is really doing some good things at VA Tech. 

41 minutes ago, iufaninillinois said:

And you know this how? Just curious

Sent from my SM-G930V using BtownBanners mobile app

I know people within the Butler program. When Butler was joining the Big East, Buzz Williams told Brad Stevens that he would have to get dirty in recruiting because there are no choir boys in the Big East. Didn't matter because Brad soon left for Boston. 

Also have relatives that are Marquette alumns and while they never said he was a dirty recruiter, he left Marquette before he was fired. He had recruited guys who were having off the court issues that were kept under wraps. He left before they hired a new AD, bc the expectation from the top was the new AD was going to fire Buzz and hire his own guy. 

I know people within the Butler program. When Butler was joining the Big East, Buzz Williams told Brad Stevens that he would have to get dirty in recruiting because there are no choir boys in the Big East. Didn't matter because Brad soon left for Boston. 
Also have relatives that are Marquette alumns and while they never said he was a dirty recruiter, he left Marquette before he was fired. He had recruited guys who were having off the court issues that were kept under wraps. He left before they hired a new AD, bc the expectation from the top was the new AD was going to fire Buzz and hire his own guy. 

Thanks. As I said I was just curious.

Sent from my SM-G930V using BtownBanners mobile app