Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
hoosierpap

(2016) PG Tony Carr to PSU

I've always felt this way. If you don't want to be at Indiana and play at a program that has great tradition and a fan base that is second to none, then you don't deserve to be at Indiana.

Well, that's one take. He had a committable offer from IU, so that's another take.

Kids look for different things. PSU has a lot of appeal, especially to a kid from Pennsylvania.

He may value different things than we offer. IU will be fine

Somewhat. Central PA is huge on PSU...Philly not so much.

I think this is an interesting trend though with the Newbill transfer to PSU, Mike Watkins (who I'm pretty sure was quoted as barely knowing Penn State existed), Shep Garner and now Tony Carr and I think it has a lot to do with Chambers growing up here in Philly, going to Philly U, and being an assistant under Jay Wright at Nova. A lot of relationships made there and that cannot be understated in recruiting.