Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

Derby Festival Classic April 11th @ 7 pm ET

OG looks tall and bouncy---nice addition---another GREAT athlete! I have to think after the senior season he just had he will be rising in the rankings. He is better than a 3 star. And---if he doesn't---Oh Well---he is going to be a player and the country will learn that soon enough..

Vic was a great athlete who was also a 3 star......

We have no need for him to step out beyond the three point line.

Thats his game though. He plays down low and occasionally steps out and hits a 3. We aren't in the position to change someone's game. We need to adjust to the players we have

yep. Pick and pop ability. Not a bad thing. Makes it much harder on the defender.

Yep. That's a whole lot better than the big catching a pass 19 feet away and the defender gives him 9 feet of room while they cover everyone else

I don't think you can be so definitive one way or the other. For the sake of discussion, let's assume Bryant can shoot the mid-range jumper and out to the 3-pt line consistently.

Maybe Diamond Stone struggles to defend pick and pops and out on the perimeter, so in that case it would make sense to have Bryant to be out there more. Same against Purdue. With Bryant's athleticism and if he can hit the shot, I'd put him in pick/pops with Yogi against Hammons all day long. Against teams with more athletic 5s or smaller teams, then of course you'd want Bryant camped down low and being that interior offensive presence.

The point is, it's great that he seems to be able to do both, so IMO you'd definitely want to take advantage of that based on the matchups.

Disagree. We need him down low. Post presence opens the floor better than him roaming the 3 point line... And need a rebounder for the missed jumpers

Disagree. We need him down low. Post presence opens the floor better than him roaming the 3 point line... And need a rebounder for the missed jumpers

I don't want him roaming the 3 point line either, but Hanner and Holt caught a lot of balls 19 feet from the basket and everyone knew they didn't need to come out to guard them. With Thomas he can  pick and pop or pick and roll depending on how the play transpires.