Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2015) C Caleb Swanigan to MSU

Roosevelt Barnes is scum. That's why Indiana has no interest.

IU has no interest because Swanigan has no interest in them.  Handlers have not kept IU from being involved with past recruits and neither would Barnes keep us from being involved with Swanigan.  That said, handlers do sway recruits one way or another, so maybe Barnes doesn't like IU and he's influencing Swanigan away from us...?  But to say that IU is taking the morally high road here is false.  To also presume that we are morally superior in comparison to the other teams involved is naive.  Not saying we are lower than Duke, MSU or PU, either...but that's not why we're not recruiting him.

Yep, if Duke and MSU are recruiting the kid I'm of the the opinion that the "dirty" issues rumored to surround this kid are mostly false.

Lets put it this way, he's no more dirty than the average top 20 player. But to say he isn't dirty because of MSU and Duke isn't fully accurate. Those teams "play the game" too.

IU has no interest because Swanigan has no interest in them. Handlers have not kept IU from being involved with past recruits and neither would Barnes keep us from being involved with Swanigan. That said, handlers do sway recruits one way or another, so maybe Barnes doesn't like IU and he's influencing Swanigan away from us...? But to say that IU is taking the morally high road here is false. To also presume that we are morally superior in comparison to the other teams involved is naive. Not saying we are lower than Duke, MSU or PU, either...but that's not why we're not recruiting him.

nailed it!

This handle put out the premature UK offer a few pages back, but this looks like a familiar list. fwiw.

Eric Vaughn ‏@evgeeker  51m
Breaking News!!!! 2015  @Biggs_Swanigan Final 7 teams Cal, Michigan State, Duke,AZ,KY,Purdue & Chicago State @PaulBiancardi

This handle put out the premature UK offer a few pages back, but this looks like a familiar list. fwiw.

Eric Vaughn ‏@evgeeker 51m
Breaking News!!!! 2015 @Biggs_Swanigan Final 7 teams Cal, Michigan State, Duke,AZ,KY,Purdue & Chicago State @PaulBiancardi

I know why they're in it but seeing Chi State with all these teams is so random.

Eric Vaughn ‏@evgeeker  51m
Breaking News!!!! 2015  @Biggs_Swanigan Final 7 teams Cal, Michigan State, Duke,AZ,KY,Purdue & Chicago State @PaulBiancardi

I love that everything is "breaking news" nowadays. I swear I saw this same final 7 about 4 months ago

IU has no interest because Swanigan has no interest in them.  Handlers have not kept IU from being involved with past recruits and neither would Barnes keep us from being involved with Swanigan.  That said, handlers do sway recruits one way or another, so maybe Barnes doesn't like IU and he's influencing Swanigan away from us...?  But to say that IU is taking the morally high road here is false.  To also presume that we are morally superior in comparison to the other teams involved is naive.  Not saying we are lower than Duke, MSU or PU, either...but that's not why we're not recruiting him.

Swanigan was just a classic example of getting to the party too late. The kid developed overnight. He had offers from Purdue and Chicago St early but then all of a sudden he lost some weight and started playing better and got a bunch of national attention. IU came late to the party and I think Swanigan was a little butt hurt that we didn't offer early like Purdue. I think he would've been a great addition but he made it known very early in his recruitment that he was just waiting for an offer from MSU or Kentucky and thats about it.