Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2015) C Caleb Swanigan to MSU

Sure has the talent, but things are amiss on this one. IU has put very little effort in. Seems like what we need "on the court" completely but the other factors must loom large.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

You are correct, he would absolutely fit our big man need. It is a shame that talented in-state big men have come with baggage. Lyles and now Swanigan will go elsewhere because our coach refuses to play ball. I am thankful for that, but it's still unfortunate.

Tainter had an in-home yesterday to. Purdue must think they have a chance. Alford had one to a few days ago.

Chicago State supposed to get one of his OVs - http://www.chicagohoops.hoops247.com/index.php/2011-08-04-18-06-26/3875-chicago-state-to-get-a-caleb-swanigan-official-vi

Purdue sucks AND they run a clean program.

This is the weirdest one of all!

The fact that he's even entertaining the thought of programs like Purdue, Chicago State and New Mexico is odd enough to raise suspicion.

Sent from my place of advanced, analytical thinking: the toilet.

Purdue is where his guardian, Roosevelt Barnes, played football.

Chicago St. was the first to "believe" in him.

New Mexico's HC, Craig Neal is from Muncie In and assistant Alan Huss used to coach at La Lumiere and has Indiana ties.

That being said, CS saying Chicago St would get a visit based on that tells you he has it narrowed down.

Purdue is where his guardian, Roosevelt Barnes, played football.

Chicago St. was the first to "believe" in him.

New Mexico's HC, Craig Neal is from Muncie In and assistant Alan Huss used to coach at La Lumiere and has Indiana ties.

That being said, CS saying Chicago St would get a visit based on that tells you he has it narrowed down.

Thanks for the background. Very odd still.

Chip Miller @BLUEChip_Miller
Caleb Swanigan - who had in-homes with UK, UCLA and Arizona, among others - will officially visit Chicago State ...

Notre Dame Hoops @NDHoopsRecruits
MBB: Adam Zagoria confirms Brey's in-home with Caleb Swanigan is Sun. Also said Swannie won't sign until Spring. Only has 1 OV set.

fwiw. 

Scott Phillips ‏@phillipshoops  
Chicago State will host five-star 2015 big man Caleb Swanigan on an official visit Dec. 4, source told NBCSports.com.

- Chicago State head coach Tracy Dildy was first to offer Caleb Swanigan and recruited brother Carl to Ole Miss when he was assistant there.

fwiw.

Scott Phillips ‏@phillipshoops
Chicago State will host five-star 2015 big man Caleb Swanigan on an official visit Dec. 4, source told NBCSports.com.

- Chicago State head coach Tracy Dildy was first to offer Caleb Swanigan and recruited brother Carl to Ole Miss when he was assistant there.

http://usatodayhss.com/2014/09/top-recruit-biggie-swanigan-an-unexpected-2015-mr-basketball-candidate

nice little article from indy star

So we're not talking to him, at all. Good.

Sent from my place of advanced, analytical thinking: the toilet.

Ok so in all this talk of Thomas Bryant and Thon, why haven't we been going after Swanigan?? Sitting in our backyard and we still don't go after him? Just doesn't make sense to me.

I think it was a page or so back. Handler...

Anyway, think we were behind from the start.

During summer of 2013 he announced he was going to transfer out to Utah and play at East High which is like 30 minutes from where I live. He never contacted the school or anything though and then all the sudden decided he was going to stay back in Indiana. His brother played here in Utah at Hunter High School and won a state championship