Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2015) C Caleb Swanigan to MSU

Committed 4/10/15.

Offered 2/24/14. He was originally from Utah and moved back there earlier this year and decided to comeback. A pretty decent football prospect to, but gave that up to focus on Basketball. Played up 2 years all summer on AAU. Reclassed to '15 from '16 on 5/12/14.

Fort Wayne, IN (Homestead)

Ht: 6-8 | Wt: 265

AAU: Indy Spiece Heat

Rivals

Scout

ESPN

Videos

Twitter

He attends the same high school my son attends and we see him all the time. He is a beast. I think he is a little slow and could lean up some but would be a huge addition to any team.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Awesome to have you here! Look forward to seeing more of your posts since you are closer to this recruit. Keep us up to date!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Put up some nice numbers on Tuesday.

Trevor Andershock ‏@INBBallSource 10 Dec
Caleb Swanigan finished with 20 points and 18 rebounds tonight in Homestead's blow out win over Fort Wayne South per @JGPrepsPlus

Put up some nice numbers on Tuesday.

Trevor Andershock ‏@INBBallSource 10 Dec
Caleb Swanigan finished with 20 points and 18 rebounds tonight in Homestead's blow out win over Fort Wayne South per @JGPrepsPlus

He also won't face any good post competition as long as they play Fort Wayne area teams (I'm from there), so I would expect some big numbers every game.

Dude is agile for a young big.  He will only get quicker and better.  I would pay attention to his summer numbers though.  Like it was mentioned earlier there aren't any good bigs in the area.  Last real good big from the area was Zach Randolph and even he had Sean Kline and Stephens from the area.  This kid has nobody.  Summer will be important.  

http://www.news-sentinel.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20140307/SPORTS/140309730/1007/OPINION

The 6-foot-8, 280-pound Swanigan was named an IBCA/Subway Player of the Week last week after averaging 25.5 points and 9.0 rebounds in two games, including dropping a career-high 36 points on Class 4A No. 4 North Side.

He continued his hot streak this week by scoring 20 points and grabbing 20 rebounds in a victory over Huntington North to open sectional play.

Indiana had shown interest in Swanigan for some time, although it hadn't been as heavy as other programs such as Michigan State and Pittsburgh before the offer.

“It means a lot getting recruiting in-state by Tom Crean and the organization they have,” Swanigan said. “It's a deep tradition the Hoosiers have in Indiana … it's a big deal.”

Assistant coach Kenny Johnson contacted Swanigan early last week and then gave the phone to Crean, who told Swanigan that he and his staff and been watching him since the summer.

“(Crean said) how he likes how I can step out and play outside like guys like Noah Vonleh and Cody Zeller,” Swanigan said. “It was a nice talk.”