Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
mamasa

Marquette xfer PG Tia Elbert to IUWBB

Welcome aboard!

In the midst of an offseason where four players have decided to leave the Indiana women’s basketball team, Teri Moren has now added her first piece.

Point guard Tia Elbert, one of three freshmen to leave Marquette following the season, has decided to transfer to IU. Elbert averaged 8.6 points and three assists per game with the Golden Eagles in 2014-15 and was named to the Big East’s All-Freshman team.

Ursula Elbert, Tia’s mother, confirmed the transfer Monday night.

Elbert, who is a native of Oakdale, Minn., was considered one of the top 100 prospects in the country coming out of Tartan High School, where she averaged 36.4 points per game her senior year. While Elbert will have to sit out a transfer year, she will eventually add to this year’s incoming freshman class, which includes forwards Kym Royster and Danielle Williams.

The Hoosiers were in need of guard help following the departures of Larryn Brooks and Taylor Agler to Texas Tech. Because Elbert will have to sit out, this move may not preclude Moren from finding another ballhandler, possibly from the junior college ranks.

IU now has four available scholarships.

Elbert has quit Fresno State, as far as I know appeared in one game. Is retiring, said that she lost her love for the game a while ago...kinda like what happened to foresman. Great effect to have on players..that they don't want to play the game anymore. Fresno State gets a little blame here for picking up a player they didn't need and elbert as well for not taking a little more care the third time around

Sent from my SM-G920V using BtownBanners mobile app

Elbert has quit Fresno State, as far as I know appeared in one game. Is retiring, said that she lost her love for the game a while ago...kinda like what happened to foresman. Great effect to have on players..that they don't want to play the game anymore. Fresno State gets a little blame here for picking up a player they didn't need and elbert as well for not taking a little more care the third time around

Not sure Indiana can take all the blame in these situations as you alluded to. To me it's twofold. First it's Ws vs Ls. We have too much talent to stink so bad. Second it's recruiting and off court. Both seem to be less than par. Not Sure Moren will ever get it there.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Not sure Indiana can take all the blame in these situations as you alluded to. To me it's twofold. First it's Ws vs Ls. We have too much talent to stink so bad. Second it's recruiting and off court. Both seem to be less than par. Not Sure Moren will ever get it there.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Well she was moren's first "real recuit" according to morens SO. seemed to have promise leaving Marquette..seems to be a great student (4.0 Kelley grad) and a really bad teammate (not accepting of role) from what I've heard thru the grapevine. Never really saw her play for more than 1 minute so we will never know lol