Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IU Hoosier41

Starting 5 as of Today

The forgotton man, Woody, is Holt.  Many people overlook Holt, but i think with the addition of Bryant then Holt can make a lot of plays.  I really love Holt's old school game and just think of how much more effective he can be with a year of off season training and familiarity with things, plus not having to expend so much energy guarding an opposing 5 that outweighs him by 30 lbs and has 3 inches on him.  With the addition of Bryant, I am hoping that Emmit Holt among others will benefit and be allowed to play his natural position which is a 4 that doesn't need plays ran for him to be effective.  

I worry that Devin won't play for the Hoosiers again.  

After Crean's latest comments, I do too.  But if there is one thing we have learned about DD is that he exceeds expectations and he is truly one tough guy. If anyone can do it---he can.  I would love to see him back on the court at full strength. What a story that will be for next year's final four (wishful thinking)!

I would go Yogi--JBJ---Troy---TBry---Hartman.  That final spot with Hartman is the close call but I love the hustle and energy he brings plus he gives us some rebounding and that 3rd three point shooter to space the floor.  RoJo is my 6th man.

Against a big team if things aren't going well---replace Hartman with Holt/Perea

Against a quick team if things aren't going well---replace Hartman with RoJo

Bring in Z3 ANY time we need something from distance!

Sprinkle in DD, OG, and Juwan

Hope April and Priller continue developing

I would go Yogi--JBJ---Troy---TBry---Hartman.  That final spot with Hartman is the close call but I love the hustle and energy he brings plus he gives us some rebounding and that 3rd three point shooter to space the floor.  RoJo is my 6th man.

Against a big team if things aren't going well---replace Hartman with Holt/Perea

Against a quick team if things aren't going well---replace Hartman with RoJo

Bring in Z3 ANY time we need something from distance!

Sprinkle in DD, OG, and Juwan

Hope April and Priller continue developing

Presumably isn't April or Priller gonna be gone to make room for TB

Presumably isn't April or Priller gonna be gone to make room for TB

We shall see.  I hope there is already a plan in place we don't know about such as a Z3 walk-on or someone leaving on their own that Crean already knows about.  I don't like all the transfers and I don't like people being forced out.  I like player development and experience.

We shall see.  I hope there is already a plan in place we don't know about such as a Z3 walk-on or someone leaving on their own that Crean already knows about.  I don't like all the transfers and I don't like people being forced out.  I like player development and experience.

I don't care for them either. Also, not that big a fan of the term Creaning.

I could see Z paying his own way, but we've suggested this about players in the past and it hasn't happened

I like
Yogi
Rojo
Troy
Hanner
Bryant
-let jbj have starter minutes as a sixth man and the green light to let um fly when he come in. Kinda like waiters did with cuse a couple years ago

The forgotton man, Woody, is Holt.  Many people overlook Holt, but i think with the addition of Bryant then Holt can make a lot of plays.  I really love Holt's old school game and just think of how much more effective he can be with a year of off season training and familiarity with things, plus not having to expend so much energy guarding an opposing 5 that outweighs him by 30 lbs and has 3 inches on him.  With the addition of Bryant, I am hoping that Emmit Holt among others will benefit and be allowed to play his natural position which is a 4 that doesn't need plays ran for him to be effective.  

I think that as long as he hits the weight room hard this year, Holt is going to really come in to his own. If he can develop fast enough our back court could end up being very good. Bryant, Holt, Parea, Hartman, Morgan, and hopefully DD... Thats a solid group.

I think that as long as he hits the weight room hard this year, Holt is going to really come in to his own. If he can develop fast enough our back court could end up being very good. Bryant, Holt, Parea, Hartman, Morgan, and hopefully DD... Thats a solid group.

It really is man, it's been a long time since we've had that kind of depth in the Front Court.  It makes me think back to the early 90's when we had Nover, Eric Anderson, Alan Henderson, Cheaney, and company.  I'm very interested to see the playing rotations with these guys because 40 minutes isn't a lot of time to split between 5 players playing the same position.  We all know what Bryant can do or should be able to do, but what can Morgan bring to the table?  Will he be better than a Sophomore Holt?  Will Crean play them together on the floor?  Does Devin Davis even play next year?  These are all the things that pop in my head as I'm bored at work every day.