Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IU Hoosier41

Starting 5 as of Today

I know that will be the starting lineup but if coach Cal had this IU team next season I think he would start TB at the 5 and HMP at his natural position at the 4. I know thats irrelevant but I would love to see the front line with TB, HMP, and Troy at the 3.

Could we potentially run some.....dare i say it...."platoons" next year?

Platoon 1:
Yogi
JBJ
Troy
Holt
Bryant

Platoon 2:
Rob
Z
Colin
Juwan / Devin
Perea

It will be interesting to see if Crean sticks with the 3 guard line up

I like that starting lineup.

I'm thinking it'll be the same as this year with one difference:

Yogi

Blackmon

Johnson

Williams

Bryant

Bryant in place of Hanner will help the defense because someone will be able to challenge shots at the rim, our perimeter players have to start giving a crap about staying in front of someone though.

Yogi

JBJ

Troy

Holt/Davis

Bryant

I don't think CTC will have this starting lineup, because he seems to want to go small. Hopefully CTC can teach them how to play strong team defense for the upcoming season.

What if we left Parea at the 5?
Put Bryant at the 4
Troy the 3
Jbj at 2
Yogi at 1

Would having Bryant at the 4 spot give him the ball more often? Our Centers usually don't get enough touches.

But I'd be fine with
Yogi
Jbj
Rob
Tw
And TB

I think inserting either Holt or Hartman into the starting 5 would be great, moving troy to his natural position and having RoJo as a 6th man to play big minutes at the 1 or 2. We are DEEP next year, with the number 1 offensive player in the whole country possibly being our 8th or 9th man.

What I think the lineup will be:

Yogi

JBJ

RoJo

Troy

Bryant

We will then wonder why our guards are wearing down throughout the season.  It will be a mystery!

What I would like to see:

Yogi - RoJo

JBJ - RoJo/Z

Troy - Hartman - OG

Holt/Davis - Morgan

Bryant - Perea

This assumes Troy has worked on his jumper enough to spread the floor.  If he hasn't I would stick Hartman in the starting lineup to space the floor better than Holt could.  Also, if Perea continues to work on his jumper out to 15-17 he could be inserted into the lineup to help create a + front line.