Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Trish

Yogi debating about entering the NBA Draft

his family likely does not need the money; his parents have successful careers. He will do what he thinks is best for him, but I think most people will advise him to stay at IU for another year. He is smart and will likely listen

I really don't like this argument. Parents money doesn't usually matter unless they are ultra wealthy. Within a year Yogi will be on his own financially. If he already has a degree I don't have a problem with him starting to earn a living.

With that being said I don't think he is an NBA player right now and should stay one more year.

Zeller went number 4 overall. How could you say they were In the same boat?!

I was referring to the family money...

safety net route...

being that it doesn't always equate to sticking around...

of course...there are the Noah's to refute me as well..

I wasn't saying he would stay because his parents had money... I was answering the poster that asked if his parents needed his help financially and the answer to that is no.

There really is no comparison to Zeller and Yogi as it relates to going pro. One was a lottery pick and the other is a borderline pick at all. No one should ever pass up being the 4th pick in the draft

I wasn't saying he would stay because his parents had money... I was answering the poster that asked if his parents needed his help financially and the answer to that is no.

There really is no comparison to Zeller and Yogi as it relates to going pro. One was a lottery pick and the other is a borderline pick at all. No one should ever pass up being the 4th pick in the draft

OK..

I guess I misread...

is it just me or am I becoming the biggest douche bag of all time?

I guess it's my age catching up with me...

OK..
I guess I misread...

is it just me or am I becoming the biggest ****** bag of all time?

I guess it's my age catching up with me...

it's a pretty pivotal month for IU basketball and if you care as much as me, which I think you do, this whole wait and see mode can be tough to deal with

One thing I want to add about going pro... Sometimes it is your best move to go pro and get drafted in the second round.

Hear me out:

Junior year- scouts are saying In a weak draft Yogi will be taken in the 2nd round.

Senior year - stronger draft, scouts saying he may or may not be drafted.

With that scenario, it's best to go pro your junior year and get drafted and try to impress. Much easier to make a team as a draft pick than a free agent. (I realize nothing is guaranteed, but if you aren't going to be first round either year, then go for it when you have best chance)

One thing I want to add about going pro... Sometimes it is your best move to go pro and get drafted in the second round.

Hear me out:

Junior year- scouts are saying In a weak draft Yogi will be taken in the 2nd round.

With that scenario, it's best to go pro your junior year and get drafted and try to impress. Much easier to make a team as a draft pick than a free agent. (I realize nothing is guaranteed, but if you aren't going to be first round either year, then go for it when you have best chance)

is next years draft better though? I say no. The paycats will litter the draft board this year.

No clue. Was speaking more in principle. There are many reasons a guy would go pro before fans think they are "ready" even if they aren't expected to go in first round.

I understand and agree, but I think 2015 is deeper and stronger than 2016 namely due to the UK factor. I think Tyus Jones is an interesting one to watch. Is he better than Yogi?? Similar size. Better pro stock due to winning?

IF Yogi returned and gave IU a top 10 season and a final four, his stock would skyrocket in comparison. He hasn't won enough. Fair or unfair, it's the reality.

Hear me out:

i am no expert on the draft but I was told the opposite by one if our players a few years ago. He said he would rather be undrafted than be the last pick. If you are picked, you only have one shot. If you are undrafted you have the chance to work out for numerous teams, not just one.

That's what I was told

Can't wait to see him guard Chris Paul or curry

You see him starting for an NBA team?  If he makes it in the NBA I see him as a solid backup point who pressures the opponents backup point and gets a few minutes here and there guarding the opponents starting PG.  Who else in the NBA has had a ton of success guarding Curry....?

You see him starting for an NBA team? If he makes it in the NBA I see him as a solid backup point who pressures the opponents backup point and gets a few minutes here and there guarding the opponents starting PG. Who else in the NBA has had a ton of success guarding Curry....?

I wouldn't want to guard curry

You see him starting for an NBA team?  If he makes it in the NBA I see him as a solid backup point who pressures the opponents backup point and gets a few minutes here and there guarding the opponents starting PG.  Who else in the NBA has had a ton of success guarding Curry....?

Wings with size. Can't recall many point guards having success against him

has Doc disputed or denied yet?

if not...

well...

Yes.  She's said that every summer they sit down and review the year/check options for the next year.  This tweet should be just reporting on standard operating procedure at the Ferrell household.