Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

HoosierPT

I want Tom Crean to stay

Fair enough. Just wondering why you believe he's the right coach?

I believe the pieces are in place to succeed with the current regime. Continues to recruit at a high level but circumstances have not gone in IU's favor in the W/L column. Not unlike Kevin Wilson's last few years.

I believe the pieces are in place to succeed with the current regime. Continues to recruit at a high level but circumstances have not gone in IU's favor in the W/L column. Not unlike Kevin Wilson's last few years.

Let me ask you what you would expect IU to accomplish over the next decade if Crean were to stay? Specifically wondering what your expectations are with regards to BT and NCAA performance?

So his recruiting gives you confidence? The constant over signing, not balancing classes, not recruiting any positions of need? What about his in-game coaching?

Welcome PT! I am not with you on your opinion, but it is great to have some good discussion with different views!

I really want Coach Crean to be the guy, but feel it's too late for him. I definitely think the pieces are there, but feel coach will have another late season bust like usual and under-perform. Hope I'm wrong for sure though!

So his recruiting gives you confidence? The constant over signing, not balancing classes, not recruiting any positions of need? What about his in-game coaching?

I made no claim he was perfect, which coach is? We have a need for frontcourt depth and that is what is coming in next year. It's far from am exact science and the other guys are trying too.

I've been one of the staunchest TC defenders around here(see the sky is falling thread), but the late season collapse and merry go round of transfers seemingly annually has me wondering if he is indeed the man for the job. I think he's a place holder for BS whenever he comes "home".

Welcome PT! I am not with you on your opinion, but it is great to have some good discussion with different views!

I really want Coach Crean to be the guy, but feel it's too late for him. I definitely think the pieces are there, but feel coach will have another late season bust like usual and under-perform. Hope I'm wrong for sure though!

Thanks for the welcome. I'm an IU football fan as well and I often feel the same way about them. But coaching churn for the sake of churn never seems to pay off in the long run.