Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IU Hoosier41

Tom Crean Update from Fred Glass

Welp...

"My goals for this program are to perenially contend for and to win multiple Big Ten championships, regularly go deep in the NCAA tournament and win our next national championship," Glass said. "Be elite, if you will. As a lifelong Hoosier and IU basketball fan, alumnus and current AD, nobody wants that more than me."

"Coach Crean's status should be based on his ability to achieve those goals going forward, not what he has or hasn't done in the past. Because I believe in the team he has assembled and is assembling, his leadership of it and their ability to start achieving our program goals, I continue to support Tom Crean as our coach."

- Fred Glass

http://www.indystar.com/story/sports/college/indiana/2015/03/27/glass-supports-crean-still-expects-iu-hoops/70561080/

I wish someone would just say he's the frickin coach next year. This does nothing besides keep speculation up. Glass supports him, but is he the coach next year?

Edit: AND, WHAT?! "Coach Crean's status should be based on his ability to achieve those goals going forward, not what he has or hasn't done in the past."

Agreed. HE may support Crean but the fan base doesn't. Fred, what have you seen from him that makes you think he can hang a banner? 

Hell, what has he seen to make him think he can beat Wisconsin or even Purdue?

I wish someone would just say he's the frickin coach next year. This does nothing besides keep speculation up. Glass supports him, but is he the coach next year?

Edit: AND, WHAT?! "Coach Crean's status should be based on his ability to achieve those goals going forward, not what he has or hasn't done in the past."

Yea he's gonna wish he had that statement back worse than the suicide comments a couple weeks back. Absolutely insane to make that statement.

That's like a domestic abuse comment. "He's a good man and he means well, I know there is good in him and that's what I'll focus on. The past is the past."

"Because I believe in the team he has assembled and is assembling, his leadership of it and their ability to start achieving our program goals, I continue to support Tom Crean as our coach."

After 7 years it's time to start achieving our program goals?