Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

IUWBB Offseason Updates

Time to keep track of our Lady Hoosiers. Been seeing some good vibes with the current team on twitter. Don't usually catch alot of recruiting info, but here's a nugget..

@Jon_Blau: @EGHS_Principal Not JUCO, but per Montgomery Advertiser, '15 G Kristian Hudson looking at IU, G'town, LaTech, S.Ala., LaSalle. Room for 4, but doubt all scholarships will be used

@IndianaWBB: From FR to SO year, #iuwbb's @karrrmac improved her scoring (+4.1 ppg) & FG% (+9.9%) as well as reb, ast & stl totals 

@IndianaWBB: From FR to SO year, #iuwbb's @jennanderson34 improved scoring (+4.5 ppg), FG% (+10.2%), FT% (+25%), reb, stl & blk. 

‏@IndianaWBB: #iuwbb's @jdubss2 led all #B1G freshmen & was 4th overall in B1G in 3FG% shooting 41.3% from long distance in 2014-15 

@IndianaWBB: #iuwbb's @acahi11 was the only freshman in the #B1G to average 10.8 ppg, 7.7 rpg & hit 77.5% from FT line in 2014-15. 

@wbballhoopscoop: Finalists at UNF: Starkey from Indiana and Brown from Stetson. Word is announcement in next day or two.

@Raoul_000: WBB: @wbballhoopscoop reporting that Indiana assistant coach Todd Starkey is a finalist for the Western Carolina head coaching job

I went to the Indiana - Maryland game this year and noticed two big problems for Indiana. Size and athleticism. Indiana beyond needs it. While Maryland had both of their guards at 5-10+ we had Buss and Brooks at 5-5 and 5-7. Obviously Buss is the best player but we need some height around her. The lack of size and athleticism just makes that defense so poor too.

@NCAAWomensBKB
#WBBRules Committee recommends moving women's games to four-quarter format: http://on.ncaa.com/1IFTzZv #ncaaW

how is it that the women's game is moving along quicker than the men's? They had the combining media TO's and team TO's if within 30 seconds. They got the 30 second shot clock before and now this. I bet they'll have a 24 second shot clock before the do as well. Men's committee needs to take some notes!

There is no reason to have such massive differences between the two and the rest of the world. It doesn't make any sense.

can't argue with that.  strange that it's so different.

What are the benefits of 2 halves over 4 quarters?  would having 4 quarters negatively affect the fans or players?

http://scoop.hoosiershq.com/2015/06/iuwbb-hoosiers-to-play-in-preseason-wnit-in-2015/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

IUWBB: Hoosiers to play in Preseason WNIT in 2015

It was announced Tuesday that Indiana will begin its season at the Preseason WNIT in November.

The field of 16 includes 10 teams that participated in the postseason last year. The tournament begins Nov. 13, with the championship game on Nov. 22.

“We are excited to get a chance to play in a challenging field for this year’s Preseason WNIT to begin our season,” IU head coach Teri Moren said in a statement. “This is another great opportunity early in the year to help prepare us for Big Ten play.”

Other participants include: Alabama State (SWAC), Baylor (Big 12), Chattanooga (Southern), Dartmouth (Ivy), DePaul (Big East), Drexel (Colonial), Jacksonville (Atlantic Sun), McNeese State (Southland), Siena (Metro Atlantic), South Florida (American), Southern Illinois (MVC), Southern Miss (Conference USA), St. Bonaventure (Atlantic 10), Tennessee State (Ohio Valley) and UT Arlington (Sun Belt).

This will be the third time that IU has participated in the Preseason WNIT, and the first time since 2008.

Teams are guaranteed three games in the tournament, and those games are hosted at campus facilities, including the semifinals (Nov. 19) and championship (Nov. 22).

Moren made a point last year to say the Hoosiers needed to strengthen their non-conference slate. The pairings for the tournament have yet to be announced, but the field does include last year’s No. 5-ranked team in the country, Baylor.

can't argue with that. strange that it's so different.

What are the benefits of 2 halves over 4 quarters? would having 4 quarters negatively affect the fans or players?

idk. There is such a better flow with 4 quarters. I think the people in charge are scared to change what is "branded" as CBB.

idk. There is such a better flow with 4 quarters. I think the people in charge are scared to change what is "branded" as CBB.

There's also nothing wrong with CBB wanting to maintain its own 'brand'.

2 halves/4 quarters, at the end of the day, I don't think it makes or breaks anything (for me personally I mean...I'd watch regardless).

Put me in the bucket of folks who is not a fan of rule changes based on time. For instance, the post-timeout rule the moves the out-of-bounds play to mid-court. Why reward the defense, who just gave up the lead w/5 seconds to go? Make them earn it just like the other team just did. Just because it's at the end of a half/game, why award a special opportunity (aside from trying to generate excitement). From a gamesmanship perspective, I don't like it.

There's also nothing wrong with CBB wanting to maintain its own 'brand'.

2 halves/4 quarters, at the end of the day, I don't think it makes or breaks anything (for me personally I mean...I'd watch regardless).

Put me in the bucket of folks who is not a fan of rule changes based on time. For instance, the post-timeout rule the moves the out-of-bounds play to mid-court. Why reward the defense, who just gave up the lead w/5 seconds to go? Make them earn it just like the other team just did. Just because it's at the end of a half/game, why award a special opportunity (aside from trying to generate excitement). From a gamesmanship perspective, I don't like it.

CBB needs the excitement. It has gotten boring. Last year had a ton of really bad basketball. Overall. But v what saved CBB ratings was Kentucky. Well what they had doesn't come along often. And CBB does need a rebranding. The college Gane is about 30 years behind where it should be and for no reason. Change is needed.