Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

mamasa

Cream and Crimson game

For those unfamiliar with this, it's done during last week of spring practices. It's a free, (very) family friendly event. They have hot dogs and chips to "tailgate", kids run clinics with former players (my daughter did one with the great Anthony Thompson one year!), zip lines, music, etc. The team then runs a loose scrimmage, which gives us a great look at the upcoming season. After the scrimmage, all the players and coaches are on the field to sign autographs. It's truly a class act! Even though CKW has (had?) a reputation of being surly, he's been fantastic with all the kids I've seen. It's really cool to be on the field, and the Henkel Hall of Champions (North End Zone area) is very impressive!

For those unfamiliar with this, it's done during last week of spring practices. It's a free, (very) family friendly event. They have hot dogs and chips to "tailgate", kids run clinics with former players (my daughter did one with the great Anthony Thompson one year!), zip lines, music, etc. The team then runs a loose scrimmage, which gives us a great look at the upcoming season. After the scrimmage, all the players and coaches are on the field to sign autographs. It's truly a class act! Even though CKW has (had?) a reputation of being surly, he's been fantastic with all the kids I've seen. It's really cool to be on the field, and the Henkel Hall of Champions (North End Zone area) is very impressive!

And... It's officially football season!!!

I haven't heard of him being surly since his 1st or 2nd season. Has anyone else? I've heard a lot of good things about his conduct and personality lately.

I haven't heard of him being surly since his 1st or 2nd season. Has anyone else? I've heard a lot of good things about his conduct and personality lately.

Same here. I know he was on campus at least once mid-season with Fred hyping up a game, hanging out with students, and taking pictures. He seemed to be really into it and not just something he had to do.

Agree 100%. That was more for casual football fans and those who aren't lucky enough to be on campus (yes, I'm jealous lol). For many, their initial impression is their lasting one- just wanted to dispel that. Poor wording on my part :)

April 18th at 2 pm. Looks like we'll still have the youth clinic and activities. If you've never been, this is a great time!

I think I might bring the family up for this. Do you know what ages they allow to participate?

I think I might bring the family up for this. Do you know what ages they allow to participate?

There were little ones (maybe 5 yrs old?) up to teens.  There's an area in the Knothole area for kids that don't want to do drills, but just want to run around.  There were quite a few kids- seemed to go in 15 minute increments, then they'd switch areas.  You won't regret it!!

I've got a great pic of my daughter on the zip line, directly in front of the scoreboard. I'd share it, but getting error uploads :( Cream and Crimson game, along with Haunted Hall of Hoops are two of my favorite events!!