Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IU Hoosier41

2015 #IUBB Offseason Thread

Well if Crean stays I really hope we get a replacement for Shooter that is a good defensive coach. I really do feel that if we had a better defense we would have won 3-5 more games this season. I'm thankful for all Crean has done for the program but we desperately need better defensive play from everyone...And a Thomas Bryant. (Just assuming Crean will be back next season)

In his scenario he had Stan and Devin also leaving.  That would leave Hartman and Williams from the 2013 class going into their junior year.  Williams is most likely gone to the NBA after next season so that would leave us with one senior.  I've seen that play out before, not pretty or the direction we need to maintain. 

Another chance to use the "Hey, we're young" card.

Earlier in the thread someone talked about how much JBJ stood around. I've been watching UCLA closely the last couple days and noticed how they run Alford off screen after screen. He runs off screens a lot off the ball to get himself open shots. JBJ is as good as shooter as anyone so why not run him off some down screens to get him open instead of him just spotting up out top and hoping we can drive in kick.

Wouldn't that be motion? That wont happen with this staff.

I watched the UCLA, UAB game and it was fun seeing a team run their offense so effectively.

I have never been a proponent of hiring Steve but man he has those kids playing well.

His boy coming of those screens brought back some pleasant memories along with a feeling of despair due to of our current situation.

I for one could not wait for this train wreck of a season to end. Hopefully we are now one step closer to the road back.

I love Hoosier basketball, but this season was just too much to bear - from the off-season shenanigans to the DD story to the good start to total and utter collapse - was time for this one to end.

Sent from my mobile device via Tapatalk 3.2.1.

@JeffRabjohns: Forward Troy Williams will return to Indiana for his junior season, his mom said on Facebook.

That was awfully quick.  Glad he will be back.  Now his summer goal should be doubling his basketball IQ and preparing to be All B1G.  Still has a ton of potential.

I would rather Troy improve his basketball IQ (know when to drive and when to dish) first and then the jumpshot. His lack of a jumpshot didn't cost us games....his bball IQ did.

this is completely true. I think we need a new coach to help that aspect. Crean and staff can help with the jumper though.

Troy with a new coach is still the dream!

I remember seeing on twitter someone posting Troy's and Vic's number from their sophomore years. Troy did marginally better in pts, rebs, and FG% than Vic. If he can put in the work Vic did in that off-season he'll for sure be a top player in the country.

Points rebounds and FG% are only part of the game. Vic was special because he was a incredible defensive player. Troy is capable of being a very good player, and I hope he maximizes his potential, but the Vic/Troy comparison is really like comparing apples to oranges, other than the fact that they both were dunkers.

Vic didn't play for the highlights. They came to him. 

Overall, I was amazed that the tournament announcers/play-by-play guys continually referring to Yogi as "Yogi Fer-RELL". #morons

That was Webber. I don't understand why he kept pronouncing it that way while the other two pronounced it normal the whole game. Webber did only stay in college for two years though, and probably didn't go to class much.

That was almost as bad as announcers all year trying to pronounce "Hanner Mosquera-Perea" all year.