Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IU Hoosier41

2015 #IUBB Offseason Thread

Some people must love losing.

hows that any different then the last 20 years?

1995 L Missouri 1st rd

1996 L boston college 1st rd

1997 L colorado 1st rd

1998 L uconn 2nd rd

1999 L st. johns 2nd rd

2000 L pepperdine 1st rd

2001 L kent st 1st rd

2002 L Maryland title game (cinderallla run to finals)

2003 L pittsburgh 1st rd

2004  didn't make the tournament

2005 didn't make the tournament

2006 L gonzaga 2nd rd

2007 L ucla 2nd rd

2008 L arkansas 1st rd

2009-2011 didn't make the tournament

2012 L kentucky sweet 16

2013 L syracuse sweet 16

2014 didn't make the tournament

2015 L wichita st 1st rd

Just my 2 cents here, but JBJ is NOT ready for the NBA. An NBA guy of his position right now in college... Dez Wells, that needs to be JBJ 's goal. Find the weight room young man

Totally agree. JB's stock steadily declined after January. He needs a lot of work. Can say the exact same for Troy.

Assuming Yogi, Blackmon and Troy all stay (I think they will; none will hurt themselves by staying another year, and all could increase their value by doing so):

Stan leaves for more playing time somewhere else

Priller moves on because, frankly, he'll never be a Big Ten player

April moves on because Crean has repeatedly demonstrated no confidence in him (perhaps deservedly)

Davis moves on because coming back in this demanding environment is probably too much for him

That leaves two openings along with two incoming recruits.

Assuming Yogi, Blackmon and Troy all stay (I think they will; none will hurt themselves by staying another year, and all could increase their value by doing so):

April moves on because Crean has repeatedly demonstrated no confidence in him (perhaps deservedly)
Davis moves on because coming back in this demanding environment is probably too much for him

I really don't think Stan will leave. I've always gotten the impression that he really likes being on the team.

Earlier in the thread someone talked about how much JBJ stood around. I've been watching UCLA closely the last couple days and noticed how they run Alford off screen after screen. He runs off screens a lot off the ball to get himself open shots. JBJ is as good as shooter as anyone so why not run him off some down screens to get him open instead of him just spotting up out top and hoping we can drive in kick.

We should have been doing that for JBJ, Zeisloft, and even Hoetzel all year long. The screens that get set in our "offense" don't accomplish anything. There is a wide open pick and roll every time we set a screen and Ive only seen us run that maybe once or twice since Crean has been here.

Earlier in the thread someone talked about how much JBJ stood around. I've been watching UCLA closely the last couple days and noticed how they run Alford off screen after screen. He runs off screens a lot off the ball to get himself open shots. JBJ is as good as shooter as anyone so why not run him off some down screens to get him open instead of him just spotting up out top and hoping we can drive in kick.

Watching for movement (besides dribbling ) is close to watching paint dry.

We should have been doing that for JBJ, Zeisloft, and even Hoetzel all year long. The screens that get set in our "offense" don't accomplish anything. There is a wide open pick and roll every time we set a screen and Ive only seen us run that maybe once or twice since Crean has been here.

We ran pick and roll against Nebraska pretty effectively.  I have no clue why we never attempted the same when other B1G teams jumped the screen later in the season.  Did we forget it worked well?

Two openings for us to sign 2* 6-8+ recruits will stay a year and then transfer?  How do we expect to have upperclassmen leadership when we ship guys off to the NBA or another program?  I guess that would eliminate the built in excuse of being a young team though.

Running plays designed to get a shooter open instead of relying on kicking if/when the D collapses? That's crazy talk.

Two openings for us to sign 2* 6-8+ recruits will stay a year and then transfer?  How do we expect to have upperclassmen leadership when we ship guys off to the NBA or another program?  I guess that would eliminate the built in excuse of being a young team though.

Well we don't "ship" guys to the NBA. As far as clearing space for incoming players? I'll take OG and Juwan Morgan over April and Priller. If anyone wants to keep them instead of bringing in better players..thats part of the problem with the program. 

Well we don't "ship" guys to the NBA. As far as clearing space for incoming players? I'll take OG and Juwan Morgan over April and Priller. If anyone wants to keep them instead of bringing in better players..thats part of the problem with the program. 

In his scenario he had Stan and Devin also leaving.  That would leave Hartman and Williams from the 2013 class going into their junior year.  Williams is most likely gone to the NBA after next season so that would leave us with one senior.  I've seen that play out before, not pretty or the direction we need to maintain.