Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

FKfootball

Thoughts on Archie Miller

How goes it now Hova? BSU killing them with Marks out.

I'm on a rollercoaster of emotions. In all seriousness, it shows that they only have 6 scholarship guys. One guy gets into foul trouble, it's going to get ugly fast.

In kind of seriousness, if we get Archie can Scoochie Smith come with? He's got the game, he's GOT the name. He's Scoochie.

I agree with Alaska. I don't want us to lose our run and gun offense. I love it. I don't think Archie wants his guys out and running. His defense is playing well. I just want to keep our quick paced offense and let shooters shoot.

Hard to tell his pace by a NCAA game. These games are traditionally played on the half court not an up and down transition game. To win an NCAA tournament you need to have a good half court offense and a top defense. It's why people like coaches who have a style like Stevens, Marshall, and Miller. Transition is great but even UNC has a solid half court game when they have won it all. Can Archie be the same type of coach? I have my doubts for now. More years of expierence and maybe I'd be on board with him being the next great coach.

:)

Man I don't know...sticking Hova in front of Dipo adds a mistique to the name. I would definitely consider.

I could meet you in the middle and photoshop Archie's face on Vic's body dunking for my avatar though.

How about Olaarchie?

So I just saw where Dayton is only playing with 6 scholarship players. This makes what Archie is doing very impressive as long as it is not his fault he only has 6 scholarships. Can someone shed some light on why it is they only have 6 schollys?

So I just saw where Dayton is only playing with 6 scholarship players. This makes what Archie is doing very impressive as long as it is not his fault he only has 6 scholarships. Can someone shed some light on why it is they only have 6 schollys?

Lost 2 players to misconduct in December.
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaab-the-dagger/dayton-dismisses-its-only-two-scholarship-big-men-220123663.html

From what Ive heard, he had a few players break some team rules and whatnot, and he kicked them off the team

I agree with Alaska. I don't want us to lose our run and gun offense. I love it. I don't think Archie wants his guys out and running. His defense is playing well. I just want to keep our quick paced offense and let shooters shoot.

This is definitely OT but…..If run and gun is running fast up court and setting up a half court offense, then yes we have some sort of run and gun offense but after hearing Crean going on and on about out running teams and running them to death Ive rarely actually seen anything resembling a run and gun offense this year.

I agree Hoiberg is very secure at ISU. A major concern is whether any of the coaches being named would actually move? Would IU be a destination job for them? Stevens may be the guy since I think he feels strong allegiance to Indiana. And, I think he could recruit extremely well in-state. Just consider how many top tier recruits have gotten away in the last 5-10 years.

Archie Miller is promising....but hasn't shown enough success to be worthy of IU imo.  What has impressed you guys enough to deem him worthy of this big leap?

Marshall has an impressive resume, same as Donovan, same as Stevens.  Miller?  Huh?