Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

birdy_19

Tom Crean to Alabama Rumor Thread

I think it would be great for CTC to get a fresh start. Yes we have all been frustrated with him, but the guy brought this program up from NOTHING! He gets my respect for that. But it is time for a change, no hard feelings.

Like I told my friend, he brought us out of the pit, but he hasn't really soared over it.

I don't think Crean is going anywhere. If we somehow make it past WSU and Kansas, a) could get Thomas Bryant, b) that would make Yogi definitely stay, which I think he will anyway c) No one in their right mind would leave IU bball for Alabama. N one. Crean might be a dumb coach at times but he's an intelligent man.

I just heard from someone who knows and speaks to Jeff Rabjohns that Crean to Alabama is not happening. We are possibly in front in the running for Thomas Bryant. Rumors of Crean to Bama only sparked because of Nick Saban mentioning that they should hire Crean. Crean acknowledging fans and Don Fischer was just him thanking the fans who still support him, and was a genuine gesture.

Calm down, Crean haters. He'll be back ;)

I just heard from someone who knows and speaks to Jeff Rabjohns that Crean to Alabama is not happening. We are possibly in front in the running for Thomas Bryant. Rumors of Crean to Bama only sparked because of Nick Saban mentioning that they should hire Crean. Crean acknowledging fans and Don Fischer was just him thanking the fans who still support him, and was a genuine gesture.

Calm down, Crean haters. He'll be back ;)

good news if he leaves I'm not backing anyone besides billy Donovan to iu

Coach Martin's Tweet doesn't read like that of a coach planning on being at a different school next year:

"Looking forward to my first dance as a Hoosier !!!"

https://twitter.com/ChuckMartinIU/status/577700926846287872

1)  I'm not sure Coach Martin knows the intent of half his tweets

2)  How can you read anything into that tweet

3)  Coach Martin has some awesome Twitter diarrhea sometimes

Regarding calling everyone "Crean haters"......just because some feel a change is needed at head coach doesn't mean the man is hated. I get tired of seeing that.

I wasn't calling everyone who wants him gone Crean haters. But the ones who went to the Pacers game the other night when they played the Celtics and held up "Stevens=Banner 6" signs, are Crean haters lol.