Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

birdy_19

Tom Crean to Alabama Rumor Thread

I just read the other board, and Gocolts adds a lot of knowledge to the limited discussions on that board. No disrespect to Coach Knight, GoColts posts like Coach Knight coached at times. He can make things interesting.

A passionate guy who seems to be shy about really saying what he knows...if anything    I would bet nobody knows anything yet, and I'm sure he, like everyone, has ideas or sources who give sniffs of what's going on.   That board and this one are the only reasonable places to discuss anything, though.    I never had any dealings with GoColts, but he does sort of have the pulse on that other board.   When he posts, people reply.   I've seen lots of criticism of him and I've seen a few people who really enjoy him.  Kind of like Knight.  I like Bob on that board, too.   I do wish people would unite because I also love Terry Hutchens.  That guy deserves better.  Maybe we get those three to come over here?

A passionate guy who seems to be shy about really saying what he knows...if anything I would bet nobody knows anything yet, and I'm sure he, like everyone, has ideas or sources who give sniffs of what's going on. That board and this one are the only reasonable places to discuss anything, though. I never had any dealings with GoColts, but he does sort of have the pulse on that other board. When he posts, people reply. I've seen lots of criticism of him and I've seen a few people who really enjoy him. Kind of like Knight. I like Bob on that board, too. I do wish people would unite because I also love Terry Hutchens. That guy deserves better. Maybe we get those three to come over here?

I'm not sure how well GoColts would go over here. He is knowledgeable but he can also be VERY abrasive, which IMO can be very entertaining if your not on the receiving end.

I'd be willing to give him a shot, but others may grow tired of him pretty quickly.

I'm not sure how well GoColts would go over here. He is knowledgeable but he can also be VERY abrasive, which IMO can be very entertaining if your not on the receiving end.

I'd be willing to give him a shot, but others may grow tired of him pretty quickly.

For what it's worth, I just spent 30 minutes reading the Scout site, and I probably read 50 of his posts.   What is it you find offensive?   Something in the past?  I didn't see even a syllable that wouldn't be welcomed here.   Surely if he were a problem for anyone, it would show up at some point, right?   Maybe I'm missing something and maybe the problems were with particular posters, but there was nothing in what I read that would suggest "VERY" abrasive, or even mildly so.   What is it you say people would grow tiresome of?

For what it's worth, I just spent 30 minutes reading the Scout site, and I probably read 50 of his posts. What is it you find offensive? Something in the past? I didn't see even a syllable that wouldn't be welcomed here. Surely if he were a problem for anyone, it would show up at some point, right? Maybe I'm missing something and maybe the problems were with particular posters, but there was nothing in what I read that would suggest "VERY" abrasive, or even mildly so. What is it you say people would grow tiresome of?

Old issues and no he is not welcome here. We have been down that road a couple of times and do fine without the added drama.

Gotta give Crean credit where it is due. He went out and filled a need. If our key guys come back...wow. I had my doubts about Crean for sure but he earned the next year for sure.

Guess this clears up the speculation around the lack of basketball camps... Lol

@JordanLittman: Tom Crean says there will be no basketball camp this summer due to Assembly Hall renovations. #iubb

That's so frickin obvious. Those were dark days when no camps explained everything....I'm not proud.