Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

birdy_19

Tom Crean to Alabama Rumor Thread

If season ended today Celts would be in. Let's Go Pacers!!!

Eh, reports are George Hill is dealing with back issues, and I hope they don't push PG. Let the Nets or Hornets have the honor of getting killed by the Hawks

Matt Norlander @MattNorlanderFollow

Gregg Marshall on @jimrome: "I haven't spoke to Bama. If Alabama is interested in some crazy offer, we will listen. But it will take a lot."

That's a paraphrase of Marshall on @jimrome. In short: He said he'll be forced to listen after the season is over if the offer is heavy.

Gregg Marshall on @jimrome: "I haven't spoke to Bama. If Alabama is interested in some crazy offer, we will listen. But it will take a lot."

That's a paraphrase of Marshall on @jimrome. In short: He said he'll be forced to listen after the season is over if the offer is heavy.

Anybody know if there is any truth to Saban being a part of the search committee?

It wouldn't surprise me if they would give them the honors, but it would kind of surprise me if he would care enough to do it? I have a High School buddy that ran Track at Alabama and he says that the Track athletes are not allowed to use the Football facilities. So I wouldn't imagine why Saban would want a high profile BBall coach that might want to borrow a treadmill every once in a while in town.

Talking about a coaching vacancy while you're team is in the sweet sixteen? That's a bold move, Cotton.

Talking about a coaching vacancy while you're team is in the sweet sixteen? That's a bold move, Cotton.

You would think he would give the standard: I am only thinking of WSU and we have a lot to accomplish here in the tournament, while having his agent burning up the telephone lines. I think Bama will bring major money to the table and a truckload of amenities.

TC might consider the Arizona State job, wouldn't have to spray tan. At some point ASU has to step up and narrow the gap on Zona. 

Not sure how many remember gocolts88 from the Scout site, but he's had some interesting posts the last couple days on all of this:

"I say let it play out. Patience." 

"The basketball program - our most visible and famous entity - is a complete mess. I think we deserve to be impatient and say "fix it," but things need to play out. If Crean's the coach 6 weeks from now, I think people will really be upset." 

Someone then asked if he chose 6 weeks because the Celtics' season will be over by then. 

WOW! This fanbase is amazing. No one on here has a clue as to what is happening out there. You want to know what is going to happen. Absolutely nothing...status quo! We all want to see this program back in national prominence but we don't make the decisions. Crean is going nowhere and all of this back and forth between the same 20 individuals on this forum with all of this so-called "insider info" isn't even entertaining anymore. What do you folks want Glass to do...hold a news conference stating that he and the University are behind CTC? I believe he has said this numerous times the last couple of months and somehow it is not registering in heads of many. Crean is not going anywhere before next season. Asking our AD to continuously come out and offer support for our coach just makes our fanbase look like morons (see pUKe fans)! When it happens, it will happen.

WOW! This fanbase is amazing. No one on here has a clue as to what is happening out there. You want to know what is going to happen. Absolutely nothing...status quo! We all want to see this program back in national prominence but we don't make the decisions. Crean is going nowhere and all of this back and forth between the same 20 individuals on this forum with all of this so-called "insider info" isn't even entertaining anymore. What do you folks want Glass to do...hold a news conference stating that he and the University are behind CTC? I believe he has said this numerous times the last couple of months and somehow it is not registering in heads of many. Crean is not going anywhere before next season. Asking our AD to continuously come out and offer support for our coach just makes our fanbase look like morons (see pUKe fans)! When it happens, it will happen.

So....why are here? Seriously, no ones forcing you to read all these moronic posts. Just saying.

Not sure how many remember gocolts88 from the Scout site, but he's had some interesting posts the last couple days on all of this:

"I say let it play out. Patience." 

"The basketball program - our most visible and famous entity - is a complete mess. I think we deserve to be impatient and say "fix it," but things need to play out. If Crean's the coach 6 weeks from now, I think people will really be upset." 

Someone then asked if he chose 6 weeks because the Celtics' season will be over by then. 

I remember him.  He can be really abrasive, but he's a knowledgeable poster.  From my experience he's pretty pleasant in PMs though.

He was critical of Crean going back to the early years.  Kept talking about Crean's half court offense being stagnant and how we struggle if we can't get out and run, many posters told him to wait until Crean had a roster full of his players and it'd be different, I was in that same camp at the time, but here we are after year 7 and he was right all along.