Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

birdy_19

Tom Crean to Alabama Rumor Thread

AJ was talking about it on twitter for a good part of the afternoon...

but he was being schooled by IU fans in that this rumor is about 2 weeks old now, and that he is just now finding out about it..

I wouldn't read too much into to, based on Guyton's remarks...he himself admitted that he was out of the loop.

edit: left out the n't

Bama asked and recieved permission but wont talk to Crean til IU's season is over would be my guess.

I get that, but if they asked while we were still playing, I'd have told them to go pound sand. We have a National Championship to win.

and, if any of the 68 coaches aren't preparing their teams to win a national championship over the next 4 weeks, then they need to find a new profession.

AJ was talking about it on twitter for a good part of the afternoon...
but he was being schooled by IU fans in that this rumor is about 2 weeks old now, and that he is just now finding out about it..
I wouldn't read too much into to, based on Guyton's remarks...he himself admitted that he was out of the loop.

edit: left out the n't

Got an email on this back in early February. Guyton is nowhere near connected. If Crean goes, it'll be on his terms.

Just called my fam. tie to Bama football. Asked what he heard about the basketball coaching position and he said what's basketball? LOL! Anyway says he has heard Crean's name mentioned and also Marshall. Thats about it so far. 

p.s. Dont take this as insider info.

Getting thirdhand information which is supposedly from a reliable source that echos this rumor. Person said he was told Crean would be coach at Bama before Bama coach was even fired.

Just going to say, I hate having to part ways with a coach, but it's necessary sometimes.

I find it very, very hard to believe the decision hasn't been made yet. People who need to know, have known for a while IMO. One way or another.

I tend to agree. I think he is gone on his own terms. Dying to know what was said to Bryant and the Makers though.