Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IU Hoosier41

#10 Indiana vs #7 Wichita State - Fri - 2:45pm ET - CBS

I haven't seen much respect for our team nationally, everyone seems to be looking past us assuming the KU vs WSU matchup. I think we are dangerous this first weekend because we won't have to go up against any dominant bigs it seems since Alexander is out. WSU is plays a lot like Butler, and I think we match up well with that. Troy and James are the X factors and we know Yogi will show up. It's going to be a long few days waiting for what will hopefully be a surprising run. If we do make the run, look out for us to be very highly ranked next season with almost everyone coming back and possibly landing TB. Go Hoosiers!

I haven't seen much respect for our team nationally, everyone seems to be looking past us assuming the KU vs WSU matchup. I think we are dangerous this first weekend because we won't have to go up against any dominant bigs it seems since Alexander is out. WSU is plays a lot like Butler, and I think we match up well with that. Troy and James are the X factors and we know Yogi will show up. It's going to be a long few days waiting for what will hopefully be a surprising run. If we do make the run, look out for us to be very highly ranked next season with almost everyone coming back and possibly landing TB. Go Hoosiers!

I would add health to that.  Colin's shot has been horrible since his injury.  He could play a big role in this game if he's back healthy and hitting his shot.  It will help spread the floor for Troy to do his baseline thing and lanes for our guards to penetrate.

My key to this game is our 4/5 dumb turnovers committed during key stretches of games. The bad passes, dribbling into traffic, or over dribbling absolutely drive me crazy. If we keep the ball moving and consistently hit open shots along with reducing the dumb turnovers, we can beat them. Troy is my second key. If he plays hard defens and plays under control he is easily the best player on the floor. He hasn't scratched the surface to what he can become, and I think he's running out of time in an Indiana uniform. I think he's long gone after we finish the season, and I hope he embraces his last few games. I can't help but like this coaching matchup either. I really like Marshall and can't help but think he may be auditioning for his future gig. Heck, Crean may be doing the same thing.

So I think we may see a bunch of zone defense from IU this game... Over on the Shockers forum they discussed how putrid their offense has been against the zone this season. How horrible would it be to see IU come out and stay in a zone because they've been so bad against it...

So I think we may see a bunch of zone defense from IU this game... Over on the Shockers forum they discussed how putrid their offense has been against the zone this season. How horrible would it be to see IU come out and stay in a zone because they've been so bad against it...

So it'd be putrid zone offense against putrid zone defense?  Wouldn't that be kind of like watching us in practice against our zone?

At least we have plenty of film to show what that would look like. It'd be an UGLY game to watch. Is assume one would out ugly the other though.

i agree and I don't like our odds in an all out ugly affair.

Side question. How much of a home court advantage will they have??

Also, I think refs will be against us as Wichita St is a mid major darling.

Side question. How much of a home court advantage will they have??

I think it will be a Pro IU crowd. Lots of HOOSIERS will travel. Wichita State will prob have more fans (4.5 hour drive) but Kansas plays right before our game and I'd expect Kansas will root for Indiana to beat WSU so they don't have to play them.

I think it will be a Pro IU crowd. Lots of HOOSIERS will travel. Wichita State will prob have more fans (4.5 hour drive) but Kansas plays right before our game and I'd expect Kansas will root for Indiana to beat WSU so they don't have to play them.

I'm still trying to find a way out there. 8 and a half hour drive doesn't scare me!

excellent answer and thanks! So Kansas virtually has a home game then?

Closer to a below average zone offense against a putrid zone defense. Our D is a special level of crapitude.

Ah, they're just below average so factoring in our zone they'd be at least slightly above average.

It's actually kind of impressive how unbelievably horrid a college team can be at defense.  Pathetic, but kind of impressive.

You may be right. I watched a replay of the game they lost to Illinois St. ISU played zone most of the game and it was fairly effective, though it was much more active and disciplined than any zone I have seen out of IU this year.

I'm still trying to find a way out there. 8 and a half hour drive doesn't scare me!

Hearing it's only an 8.5 hour trip kinda has me thinking about a road trip.. Hmmm

There should be some folks who went to the CWS a couple years ago that can help you out.