Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IU Hoosier41

#10 Indiana vs #7 Wichita State - Fri - 2:45pm ET - CBS

Yea I know that's what this year has been for Stan but that doesn't mean it'll be the same here. We need his defense this game, without a doubt. I think if he comes in and plays well on that end and stays under control on offense to start, his confidence can soar. If that happens maybe he can start finishing those shots he has been missing this year. Not saying I am 100% sure he plays well, but it seems like the perfect time for good Stan to come out.

I just think we are a better team when he doesn't play. I haven't even been impressed by his defense this year, but I wouldn't be surprised if he came out of nowhere and had a decent game

I just think we are a better team when he doesn't play. I haven't even been impressed by his defense this year, but I wouldn't be surprised if he came out of nowhere and had a decent game

We have been a better team without him on the court, but its March and weirder things have/will happen(ed). I just get the feeling that he could be the x factor for March after earning a lot of scorn this year

Just got back from Shockers forum (Thanks Hoosier41) & I hate them. I really really hate them. They seem to have the little brother syndrome to Kansas as Purdue does to us. I've checked many forum boards (UK, Purdue, Maryland, Michigan) and WSU's cockiness and lack of basketball intelligence really aggravated me. Hopefully we pull this one out for my ego and to take them back down to the mid major level they're at. I'd lLOVE for them to join the B1G or B12 and consistently play with the big boys and not Evansville & Illinois state (sorry nick).

IU 76
WSU 67

Man, just take a deep breath.

Alright, assuming Crean sees reason and we play man, Yogi guards Van Vleet. Do we have anyone who can stick with and stop Baker?

I'm not too worried about WSU's post game. I am very worried about our guards having the defensive chops and desire to stop Ron Baker from going off.

I think RJ has to guard him the entire game. Yogi is the best player on the floor, so I'm confident that he outplays FVF. I love the fact that WSU and Kansas are both small up front. I really like our draw. I suppose it would be nice to have been put in Villanova's bracket, but if we happen to beat WSU and Kansas, I think we land TB and enter next season with Final Four expectations.

Jay Bilas said at 6:pm that IU needed 14 3's to beat WS. At 9:35pm he said IU will need 10 3's.
Tomorrow maybe he'll get down to 6??

We go as Yogi, James, and Troy go...

Spot on. Every game we narrowly lost this season, was a game where either Troy or JB completely s*** the bed. Yogi is even money to show up and outplay his counterpart. Best PG in america. I have a feeling he is going to light Van Fleet and Frank Mason up.

I don't. I'm from Kansas, so I might have some bias, but having seen WSU many, many times. I don't like our chances. I hope to be proven wrong, but WSU is very underseeded as a 7, which is probably the NCAA's way of trying to get a WSU vs. KU matchup.

Naturally, I hope to be proven wrong.

AJ Guyton said he watched WSU in person this season and that we are the better team. He said the only thing he worries about is who guards Baker. Also said that Yogi Ferrell is by far the best guard they will have faced.

I was reading that WSU's depth is lacking. What if..........we pressed them almost the whole game to wear out their guards and they have to bring in their reserves more facing our revolving door subs? I think that would really put some pressure on them and we wouldn't really feel the difference since we sub out all the time anyhow. Just a thought. anyone, anyone.....buehler?

AJ Guyton said he watched WSU in person this season and that we are the better team. He said the only thing he worries about is who guards Baker. Also said that Yogi Ferrell is by far the best guard they will have faced.

Stan on Baker seems like the only decent option. Yogi could keep up with him, but there would be a size mismatch and VanVleet would be left on Blackmon paradise.

I wish we could actually use Collin to defend wings, but he has to play smallpowercenter for us

Why not RoJo on VanVleet? Put Yogi on Baker, ala when he shut down Stauskas last year.

Stan on Baker seems like the only decent option. Yogi could keep up with him, but there would be a size mismatch and VanVleet would be left on Blackmon paradise.

I wish we could actually use Collin to defend wings, but he has to play smallpowercenter for us

Mateen Cleves picked IU to win...but he also called Tom Crean a great X and O's coach...so there's that.

I am almost positive Tom recruited Cleeves to go to MSU. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Tom was an Izzo Asst when Matteen signed. That would be where the loyalty is coming in on his pick as well as his praise. Sounds just like Izzo did during the Post-game last week.

I am almost positive Tom recruited Cleeves to go to MSU. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Tom was an Izzo Asst when Matteen signed. That would be where the loyalty is coming in on his pick as well as his praise. Sounds just like Izzo did during the Post-game last week.

Crean was the lead recruiter on all the guys that won that National Championship at MSU. Matten,Jason Richardson, Morris Peterson, amongst others.

I really really hope this game doesn't come down to yogi having to hit a clutch shot. He's due for one but he's proved that clutch isn't a strong suit

Idk, at the end of games, when we're down and out, he fights to get us back in to them. Depends on your definition of clutch. Maybe gritty is a better descriptor for him.