Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Magnanimous

2010 vs 2011 recruiting classes - Which killed us more?

I know....this may seem ridiculous since these two classes produced two lotto picks (and two of the best players in school history) and a serviceable four-year role player, but IMO the roster deficiencies that have been plaguing the program can be pinpointed at these two classes. Case for each:

2010 - No big men, no PGs, no shooters

2011 - No player remained for more than two years (AE barely counts as three)

I know that we were tight for spaces due to taking huge 2008 and 2009 classes, but which of these two do you think actually hurt us more?

2012 is the one that killed us. If Hollowell and Perea were even close to what they were projected to be, last year wouldn't have been nearly as bad, and Crean's seat would be a lot cooler.

Yep, couldn't agree more

I'm watching to see what Hollowell does next year. If he pulls a Mo Creek for a couple years was it the players or the coach?

Big fish in a small(ish) pond. I think he'll be pretty good there. He didn't have what it takes mentally to compete at IU's level.