Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

biteoftheapple

Agler, Brooks, Stratman and Muensterman leaving IUWBB

Maura Muensterman is a huge loss to this team. One of the best shooters Ive seen. Heck of a scorer in high school, but wasn't given much of shot this year. Kind of surprising that a lot of these talented players didn't get a lot of playing time when the team struggled so bad this year. 

Trying to determine if J Price was referring to Maura when he said there were more to come.  With Jakubicek leaving also (early graduating/knee issues), I'm wondering what this lineup will look like. 

Also, should the athletic director of a public university be given a pass for lying about the reasons behind a coach's departure?

It honestly happens all the time with players and coaches. Look at the recent news with Duke. They kicked  Rasheed Sulaimon without really giving a reason and it later came out that he had been accused of sexual assault and Duke just acted like they had no idea and still won't comment on the situation. I think AD's and coaches try to lie and sweep things under the rug constantly. I think they should be held accountable though

The departure of Curt Miller set the women's program back five years. Teri Moren is NOT the person that is going to turn the program around and it is sad because IU should have a strong women's program. I think Glass made a panic pick because the season was fast approaching. He would have been much better off hiring an interim coach if he could not get the right person for the job.

Also, should the athletic director of a public university be given a pass for lying about the reasons behind a coach's departure?

What was the real reason for departure if you don't mind me asking? I knew it had to be something else, he was really turning the program around.

It honestly happens all the time with players and coaches. Look at the recent news with Duke. They kicked  Rasheed Sulaimon without really giving a reason and it later came out that he had been accused of sexual assault and Duke just acted like they had no idea and still won't comment on the situation. I think AD's and coaches try to lie and sweep things under the rug constantly. I think they should be held accountable though

You make a great comparison. However, the difference is that Duke's situation involved a student and not a coach. 

You make a great comparison. However, the difference is that Duke's situation involved a student and not a coach. 

Hence why I started my whole response off with that it happens to both "players and coaches". My example was of player because it happens to both

I understand you don't like Glass. Its a stretch to bring him into this

I like him just fine. But IMO, their is a problem that extends past the coaches of each Athletic program. Our Athletics as a whole isnt doing well.

I don't think Glass lied regarding Miller's departure. He avoided giving an explanation. It wasn't something that IU was going to discuss publicly, probably for legal reasons.

I think this is what it comes down to. A lot of the time as fans of teams, players, and coaches we generally want to know what all the reasons were, etc but a lot of the times schools are not allowed to go into full detail because of legal reasons