Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

#IHSAA Boys/Girls State Tournament

On 3/20/2018 at 7:52 AM, Chris007 said:

Wonder how much money the IHSAA lost out on by NA not being in the state finals.

I'll be honest that's the reason I'm not going anymore. Warren Central and Carmel deserve to be there but it just isn't as appealing to me as a Romeo vs. Damezi state finals game would be. Bell and Michael Mulloy are great players so that should be fun to watch. Bosse vs. Culver should be a good one. Galloway is considered a top sophomore in the nation so that should be interesting as he goes against Lairy from Bosse. Really surprised he is going to Miami (OH). I get he is small but Tyler Ulis from UK was a baller and he wasn't much bigger. Don't know much about the 2A game but the 1A game will be fun to watch. It's always great watching the small schools play. Still wish I could've seen the single class tournament. 

Finals set for next Saturday. All games on Fox Sports Midwest. Set the DVR.
A:  Morristown (27-2) vs Southwood (25-3) @ 10:30 am ET
2A: Forest Park (25-4) vs Oak Hill (25-5) @ 12:45 pm ET
3A: Culver Academy (22-6) vs Evansville Bosse (25-4) @ 6 pm ET
4A: Warren Central (31-0) vs Carmel (21-7) @ 8:15 pm ET

Anyone know the reason the 1A game is so early? I’m sure it’s always been this way and I’m just noticing now but I just think it’s strange to have the most important game of the year start before noon. With 3 hours between 2A and 3A game (again why?) why couldn’t they move the 1A game to start at noon and everything follow?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

2 hours ago, A.j. Nigh said:

Anyone know the reason the 1A game is so early? I’m sure it’s always been this way and I’m just noticing now but I just think it’s strange to have the most important game of the year start before noon. With 3 hours between 2A and 3A game (again why?) why couldn’t they move the 1A game to start at noon and everything follow?

I believe it has always been that way. 

2A Oak Hill faces Forest Park on Saturday.  Oak Hill's starting lineup consists of 3 kids who are homeschooled so it's an interesting back story for Saturday's game.  Also covers the IHSAA ruling on homeschooled kids and athletics which I was unfamiliar with.

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/high-school/2018/03/22/homeschoolers-play-big-role-oak-hills-run-state-finals/445138002/

They do this so they can hold 2 separate sessions. Thee building,will be cleared between sessions.

In a year when 4A is as strong as it's ever been 

New Albany 

Ben Davis 

Zionsville 

Bloomington South 

Floyd Central 

South Bend Riley 

Fort Wayne North 

Center Grove 

Carmel 

Jeffersonville 

Terre Haute South 

Brownsburg

Warren Central going 32-0 is honestly the most impressive season probably ever in Indiana. 

http://www.ihsaa.org/Portals/0/ihsaa/documents/news media/2018-19/012019.GBBPairings.pdf

Schools Entered for First Time
A: Parke Heritage (Sectional 53 at North Vermillion), Traders Point Christian (Sectional 58 at Bethesda Christian).

Schools Playing Up One Class due to Tournament Success Factor
Heritage Christian (Class 4A, Sectional 10 at Indianapolis Cathedral)
North Harrison (Class 4A, Sectional 15 at New Albany)
South Bend St. Joseph (Class 4A, Sectional 3 at Mishawaka)

I remember way, way, way back in the day -- when there was one class -- watching the sectional draws on local TV. It was a HUGE time of year for high school hoops. My school was awful in basketball (we were a football school), but I would go to the sectionals (Valpo) every night and the one-day regional (Michigan City) every year with my dad. Really miss those days. 

After the sectional round, you had one-day regionals, one-day semi-states and a one-day state final. In the latter three, you had to win twice in a day to advance. I haven't lived in Indiana in 25-plus years. Does anybody have to play twice in a day anymore? 

25 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

I remember way, way, way back in the day -- when there was one class -- watching the sectional draws on local TV. It was a HUGE time of year for high school hoops. My school was awful in basketball (we were a football school), but I would go to the sectionals (Valpo) every night and the one-day regional (Michigan City) every year with my dad. Really miss those days. 

After the sectional round, you had one-day regionals, one-day semi-states and a one-day state final. In the latter three, you had to win twice in a day to advance. I haven't lived in Indiana in 25-plus years. Does anybody have to play twice in a day anymore? 

Only in the regionals now.