Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

HoosierReb01

OT: NCAA penalizes Syracuse and Boeheim

Absolutely buys him another year for sure because if Bryant commits and then CTC loses his job I've no doubt Bryant immediately de-commits.

I see what you are saying, but this is the exact reason Admin kept Mike Davis to keep players here. Not sure that is the best answer for long term.

I see what you are saying, but this is the exact reason Admin kept Mike Davis to keep players here. Not sure that is the best answer for long term.

Didn't mean to imply I agreed with it but I think it's just the reality that if Bryant commits, CTC is guaranteed another year.  And if he's as good as he's been billed, it could go a long ways towards solving our problem in the post.

Silly Syracuse, we could have told you not to self report.

UNC committed possibly the largest academic fraud in NCAA Div I history and nothing will happen. Why? They are not self reporting.

My daughter had a coach who is a former NCAA compliance attorney. She said that the NCAA has neither the desire nor means to enforce rules across the board. She said that one would not believe what goes unpunished!

Let's see.

Boheim fostered a decade of rule breaking and the NCAA gave him a 9 game suspension.

An AAU coaches ex-wife buys an Indiana bumper sticker years before Peter Jurkin and Hanner Perea are born and the NCAA suspends them 9 games.

Sounds about like the standard logic for the NCAA...

exactly. Garbage.

Well if this leads to Bryant coming to IU...does that buy Crean a little more time?

Bryant would be crazy to commit this weekend. If he did commit this weekend, what is Bryant saying? He wants to come to IU, or he wants to play for Crean?  Crean can use that in his next job that he can bring Bryant with him. It makes any team much better. Meanwhile, we are still looking for a big man and a coach.

My guess is he will open his recruitment back up because Syracuse and Indiana aren't settled at the moment. 

Let me open up another scenario. Bryant commits. Glass then gives Crean another year to maximize the current players with a proper post player. It saves us a few $million and gives IU time to see if Stevens might be available. We will be rebuilding after next year anyway, so it would be a good time to make a clean break.

Let me open up another scenario. Bryant commits. Glass then gives Crean another year to maximize the current players with a proper post player. It saves us a few $million and gives IU time to see if Stevens might be available. We will be rebuilding after next year anyway, so it would be a good time to make a clean break
I know a lot of people would hate this but honestly, it's not a bad option. We get to potentially see what Crean could so with a senior Yogi, Troy with a jumper, improved Rojo and JB, and a legit big man in Thomas Byrant. I know this year has had it's up's and very low down's, but this way we get a pretty awesome roster and a chance to make a decent run in the tourny, and if it the season doesn't live up to expectations, we have another chance to court a great, not just a good, coach.