Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IU Hoosier41

Dan Dakich Show Recap - 3/6/15

Were message boards big, let alone around then? Genuine question. I was a wee lad.

Same here. Genuinely interested, cause the last 4 days have been nuts. Maybe the old mods knew something which is why they chose to add a number of new mods when they did. Speculation sure is fun

Same here. Genuinely interested, cause the last 4 days have been nuts. Maybe the old mods knew something which is why they chose to add a number of new mods when they did. Speculation sure is fun

Good point. Either that, or they saw the season going downhill fast and chose to reenforce the castle lol. I like to think 41 knew this at Christmas and has been dropping subtle hints over the past few months that we missed.

We had boards back then too. Even had technicolor with electricity too.

Had a lot of fun tracking the AD flights. A lot of people were on the premium board and talking about several candidates other than Sampson. Then some first time poster from Oklahoma drops the bomb on the regular site that we hired Sampson.

Most were shooting him down for being not only a first time poster but suggesting we would hire Sampson. Then the news broke about 15 mins later.

First time posters get such a bad wrap.  Back on the Scout site I broke the Guy-Marc Michel news as about a "20th time poster".  Got killed for it too ...

Were message boards big, let alone around then? Genuine question. I was a wee lad.

They have been around and very vocal. Mike Davis was ripped and it was to this level.  It was to a point that Davis was swimming in very toxic water that would have been unbearable if he came back.

Crean can make it to the NCAA, but there is such a bad taste that it would take a lot to turn it around. Winning a couple of games in the NCAA and landing Bryant this weekend might buy him some time. In my opinion, it would be a temporary reprieve. 

During the coaching search, people were monitoring flights of the IU plane by the tail number. Based on where the plane went, people were speculating coaches they were interested in hiring.

Important to remember that Fischer is an IU employee so he is not going say anything that isn't on the script

Ya think? Maybe that is why he has been relegated to berating the officials instead of pointing out IU standing on offense, and the lack of situational awareness by the coaching staff.

They have been around and very vocal. Mike Davis was ripped and it was to this level. It was to a point that Davis was swimming in very toxic water that would have been unbearable if he came back.

Crean can make it to the NCAA, but there is such a bad taste that it would take a lot to turn it around. Winning a couple of games in the NCAA and landing Bryant this weekend might buy him some time. In my opinion, it would be a temporary reprieve.

During the coaching search, people were monitoring flights of the IU plane by the tail number. Based on where the plane went, people were speculating coaches they were interested in hiring.

Tough to do anymore, so many well to do alums fly in from across the country and some former players have in-laws around Bloomington.