Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

HoosiersLoveBanners

Potential fallout from coaching change

Dang man, really. Do we even drug test these days? How did Stan and Troy get in trouble? Did Crean bust in on them hitting a blunt?

Like every other sport, professional and college, the punishment is for being stupid enough to get caught. You roughly know when and how you'll be drug tested, so you make sure you won't fail. You play a sport that leaves you sore and hurt all the time, you want a cheap and simple painkiller. 

Like every other sport, professional and college, the punishment is for being stupid enough to get caught. You roughly know when and how you'll be drug tested, so you make sure you won't fail. You play a sport that leaves you sore and hurt all the time, you want a cheap and simple painkiller.

How about when your getting older and sore when you try to keep up with your ball playing son lol? Tell me more about the buyout and our chances of coming out paying a lot less than the contract stipulates? Do you think Crean would fight us or take less so he would be more attractive for the next Ball State coach?

If it happens now we could still make headway with the 17 class.

Make the change now and give the new guy a chance to recruit the best class to come along in this state in some time.

We saw with Crean that instate kids would sign to be part of the resurgence.I think he's lost that edge but a new capable coach could gain it back.

The man said it himself ; Because it's Indiana!

One....Eli Holman

That's a big one before we even get started with the sat two or three games Bassett for puffing, the didn't make the team flight Ellis, or the great scholar in what's his name big boy. Plus, didn't the other frosh sit a game or two for bong hits? They could sure ball, but the classes and other responsibilities just got in the way.

That's a big one before we even get started with the sat two or three games Bassett for puffing, the didn't make the team flight Ellis, or the great scholar in what's his name big boy. Plus, didn't the other frosh sit a game or two for bong hits? They could sure ball, but the classes and other responsibilities just got in the way.

So with Sampson you have ballers who blazed it up or with crean you have far less capable players who blaze up. You choose

Stevens has only coached mid major college basketball and everyone loved him before he went to Boston. Gregg Marshall is in the same mold. He has never finished worse than 3rd in his conference in 16 years of head coaching experience. He is legit. I would fire Crean now and hire Marshall in a heartbeat. (Stevens would be my first call but I wouldn't hold the program hostage in the hopes of landing Stevens down the road.)

I'm with u on this bro. On every single bit. Marshall would be 10 times better than what we have now. I'm trying my best to be nice and told myself tonight that I would stay away from here but I couldn't resist

Tommy Amaker?  I know he really did not get things going at UM, but he has really produced at Harvard, with 4 straight Ivy League 1st place finishes, working on the fifth straight.  Good basketball pedigree having played for and was assistant to Coach K.  Should have East coast recruiting ties from his time at Duke. Seton Hall and Harvard, and also recruited in the B1G for 6 years at UM.  Three straight NCAA appearances at Harvard (2012-14), following NIT (2013) and CIT (2012) tournaments.  He is coaching his sixth straight 20+ win seaon at Harvard, a place where winning basketeball was previoulsy unheard of. 

Tommy Amaker?  I know he really did not get things going at UM, but he has really produced at Harvard, with 4 straight Ivy League 1st place finishes, working on the fifth straight.  Good basketball pedigree having played for and was assistant to Coach K.  Should have East coast recruiting ties from his time at Duke. Seton Hall and Harvard, and also recruited in the B1G for 6 years at UM.  Three straight NCAA appearances at Harvard (2012-14), following NIT (2013) and CIT (2012) tournaments.  He is coaching his sixth straight 20+ win seaon at Harvard, a place where winning basketeball was previoulsy unheard of. 

If you are going to bring him in, you might as well keep Crean. It has to be a home run. For the money we are paying Crean, we can bring in a GREAT coach

Tommy Amaker? I know he really did not get things going at UM, but he has really produced at Harvard, with 4 straight Ivy League 1st place finishes, working on the fifth straight. Good basketball pedigree having played for and was assistant to Coach K. Should have East coast recruiting ties from his time at Duke. Seton Hall and Harvard, and also recruited in the B1G for 6 years at UM. Three straight NCAA appearances at Harvard (2012-14), following NIT (2013) and CIT (2012) tournaments. He is coaching his sixth straight 20+ win seaon at Harvard, a place where winning basketeball was previoulsy unheard of.

what was the cause of his departure at UM? How old is he?

#1. and you make #1 your #1 for a reason...cause it's the most important...and listen up...Crean WILL be back next year...
#2. you don't have to like #1, and I don't blame you because I don't like it either...
#3. there is an outside chance that this team will actually be decent next year
#4. if you like #3...then see #1 for happiness...if you don't like #3, then #1 will further agitate you and cause you to sob uncontrollably
#5. booing and rushing the court go hand in hand...there is a time and place for it...don't abuse either
#6. this team has given up...we know it, we hate it...just suck it up
#7. I really have no rhyme or reason with this list, I just felt the need to make a list in utter disarray
#8. just remember...it's never too early or late for booze
#9. I get the feeling that Cubs fans in 1931 were feeling our pain
#10. winning cures all, regardless of who's coaching.

Too many #'s. Fire him.

what was the cause of his departure at UM? How old is he?

Tommy Amaker is 49.  He was a 3rd team All American guard at Duke, a burger boy and Parade All American out of high school, and NABC defensive player of the year at Duke,  I believe he is in the Duke HOF, and was a Coach K assistant for 9 years,  He has something that Crean lacks, college basketball playing experience, and at a very high level. Also was on the Duke coaching staff for two NC's and three other FF's. 

Never took UM to the NCAA, but did win the NIT and had two other NIT appearances in 6 seasons.  I think the lack of NCAA berths and not finishing above 5th in six seasons was the cause for his demise at UM.  He took over at UM after the NCAA hammered the Wolverines basketball program for a multitude of violations dating back to the Fab Five (Chris Webber and gang). 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tommy_Amaker