Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

HoosiersLoveBanners

Potential fallout from coaching change

Well one rumor we can put to rest was whether Mrs Crean was in attendance. Anyone know on that?

Idk but she and Tom were at BHSS tonight for sectional finals. Riley got in and the South student section gave him a "Tom Crean sucks" chant. Cringed when I saw that. That can't help her opinion on Bloomington right now.

This is stupid and I hated learning this. Why take it out on his son?

Does anyone truly hate Crean? Of course not. Is he the best choice to coach IU basketball? Of course not. I'd like to see this kept away from a personal attack on the man.

I just chalk it up to stupid high school kids being stupid high school kids. That student section gets away with more crap like that than I've ever seen though.

I am the same age as Riley Crean and can't imagine how difficult it would be to be the child of Tom Crean right now. People are crazy and have no right to bring his family into it. I've said some ridiculous stuff about not liking Crean and I want him gone as much as the next person, but there are limits and that's ridiculous.

Smh classless act by south. I remember at the north-south game last year while Kaleb Ferral was out playing for North, South let out something along the lines of a "yogi sucks" chant. No need for personal attacks like that imo.

I just chalk it up to stupid high school kids being stupid high school kids. That student section gets away with more crap like that than I've ever seen though.

That's how I look at it. Is it right? Of course not, but student sections have said and done much worse.

Interesting... Complete bummer, really.

@dandakich: None this year. "@varanasty: @dandakich next big ten coach to lose his job?”

Imo I wouldn't read into anything he's saying right now....so many people with diff opinions, we are gonna have to wait this one out

If we don't do it now we never will, we will probably be top 25 next year and that will be good enough for some of our fans and admins who only care about having a little fun and rooting really hard, not winning, which is all I care about.
Crean will be a genius for taking a program that almost a decade ago had sanctions and by some divine intervention got them in the top 25, a truly super human coaching effort. Glass will give him an extension and I will run out of fuel for this battle and will be beaten into a submission of mediocrity.

Do it now!!!