Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

HoosiersLoveBanners

Potential fallout from coaching change

Here is a ranking of my hopes.

1. New coach and both Maker and Bryant
2. Crean with both Maker and Bryant
3. Brad Stevens or Billy Donovan or an equal
4. Crean with one of Bryant or Maker
5. Crean with no 2015 superstars. AKA the pit of despair

Edit: Honestly 2 and 3 are a really tough choice

Probably not if looking at the long haul.

I might be in the minority but I honestly do not want Crean back no matter who he has on the team. I do not think that he can manage them good enough to win beyond what he already has proven to win. I think it just prolongs the problems within the program and causes a bigger divide between fans. Because if he does what he has the results of the 2013 team for one more year then he would get another 2-3 years to put him back in the same situation he is now. 

Is Chuck the primary IU connection to Bryant and Thon? Is it possible he will be staying on as assistant even if Crean goes? Perhaps as the interim that 41 mentioned?

So many questions...

Haha I just asked the same question in the Thon thread.  You'd have to think an elite new coach like Stevens, Donovan, etc. would want to choose his own staff, but who wouldn't want a lead recruiter like Chuck Martin?  It may ease the transition pretty well.

Who knows, I'm just as confused as you are.

I'd switch 2 and 3. New coach trumps all for me.

If Crean comes back, this summer and next year are going to miserable. Every single loss will be met with the reaction we've had after the last 2-3 games. Every single move, even more than normal, will be scrutinized and analyzed. I just don't see how brining him back is good for anyone, unless he pulls a rabbit out of his you know what an goes on some crazy run, which I think we all know is slim to none.

Bingo. Next year will be Unbearable. Delaying the inevitable.

I love creans enthusiasm and his drive to make players better and I kinda feel for him right now. But... As a fan the dude needs to learn the X's and O's and make the proper in game adjustments and he hasn't done that for 7 years!! Dueces bro this is Indiana basketball, win a ship or get out of the way so BRAD STEVENS can!!