Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

HoosiersLoveBanners

Potential fallout from coaching change

I think Crean would absolutely kill it at a football school like Texas.  There's virtually no pressure there, and he'd be able to recruit the hell out of that state.

yeah...Rick Barnes and Crean are interchangeable

but Barnes ain't going anywhere...he can skate by with mediocrity for as long as he wants to spit it out, and Texas basketball fans are perfectly fine with it...

maybe A&M??

Rivers of tears are streaming down my cheeks just now, no seriously, absolute rivers, over the possible demise of one of the greatest coaches our hallowed University has ever known; Coach Tom Crean. How can we be so cruel as to show him the curb after he snatched us from the ashes of disaster, brushed off our candy striped pants, and put us back on the road to glory?

His devotion to our school, and all the good that it stands for is worthy of enshrinement in to the IU Hall of Fame, (we do have one don't we?). But I digress.

Tom Crean is brilliant, and a coach to be revered. We should be thanking our lucky stars, and quite possibly Marquette University, that we have him here to lead us down the paths of righteousness and the road to NCAA glory.

God save Tom Crean.

Rivers of tears are streaming down my cheeks just now, no seriously, absolute rivers, over the possible demise of one of the greatest coaches our hallowed University has ever known; Coach Tom Crean. How can we be so cruel as to show him the curb after he snatched us from the ashes of disaster, brushed off our candy striped pants, and put us back on the road to glory?
His devotion to our school, and all the good that it stands for is worthy of enshrinement in to the IU Hall of Fame, (we do have one don't we?). But I digress.
Tom Crean is brilliant, and a coach to be revered. We should be thanking our lucky stars, and quite possibly Marquette University, that we have him here to lead us down the paths of righteousness and the road to NCAA glory.
God save Tom Crean.

lol

Don't be surprised if CTC isn't already working on a deal to leave IU and take another position. I am not going to say I know someone with inside information, but it has been brought to my attention that there are indications this could be in the process.

I have heard two different stories, one from someone we know that is in contact with a former player and is very close to the program that IU has traveled to Boston twice.  The other source has told me that Brad Stevens is not interested, although that is always the answer while a position is still occupied.  Putting these two together would suggest that there has been some initial contact and Brad said, no thank you.