Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

HoosiersLoveBanners

Potential fallout from coaching change

And you took a shot at all millenials.

Although that literally made no sense but what was the point of taking personal shots because I called you on your post?

I don't know what group you fit in, so it wasn't at you, specifically.

Of course it's not going to happen in year 1. It takes time to win big and sustain it, whether it's a former Hoosier or not.

I'm not against a former Hoosier getting the job by any means, but there's also not one out there that has the college resume some targets from "outside the family" have. There are a bunch of guys in the pros, but even most of them have struggled at that level.

It would be a bit of an "off the radar" hire if it was a former Hoosier, unless I'm forgetting somebody?

With a new coach, first year is always tough, it'll take more than winning. Don't underestimate the ability of a former great Hoosier to do both!

Of course it's not going to happen in year 1. It takes time to win big and sustain it, whether it's a former Hoosier or not.

I'm not against a former Hoosier getting the job by any means, but there's also not one out there that has the college resume some targets from "outside the family" have. There are a bunch of guys in the pros, but even most of them have struggled at that level.

It would be a bit of an "off the radar" hire if it was a former Hoosier, unless I'm forgetting somebody?

Maybe Stew Robinson at UIC, he's been mentioned today on the board, that'd certainly be off the radar since I don't think he has any head coaching experience.  As far as I know he's only been an assistant.

That's kind of my point, there are guys out there that are former Hoosiers, but everyone says this needs to be a home run hire. Non of the former Hoosiers are home runs IMO.

But to my post earlier in the thread, IMO winning is all that really matter whether it's a former Hoosier, home run guy, or even an off the radar non-Hoosier.

Because even if we bring in a "Knight guy", if they don't win it actually might make things worse.

Maybe Stew Robinson at UIC, he's been mentioned today on the board, that'd certainly be off the radar since I don't think he has any head coaching experience. As far as I know he's only been an assistant.

That's kind of my point, there are guys out there that are former Hoosiers, but everyone says this needs to be a home run hire. Non of the former Hoosiers are home runs IMO.

But to my post earlier in the thread, IMO winning is all that really matter whether it's a former Hoosier, home run guy, or even an off the radar non-Hoosier.

Because even if we bring in a "Knight guy", if they don't win it actually might make things worse.

I know, I was just throwing another name out.  This guy has been talking about some former Hoosier great all day, and I can't think of one we would really be excited about.  There's not a one I can think of that wouldn't come with some pretty big question marks.

As I've said before, sometimes a fresh start is best for ALL parties involved. If this happens I really do wish them well.

I hope Tom Crean wins every game at his new job if he were to leave. But God damnit I hope he loses by 200 if he plays Duke or IU.