Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

HoosiersLoveBanners

Potential fallout from coaching change

Guys, anyone can say they have sources. I'm not saying 87 is right or wrong with his sources, but 87, we get it, but let's move on!

You believe/know Stevens isn't coming. After knowing 41 for some time, I believe what he says. However, let's not post every other post as Brad isn't coming.

He may not, but .......... I will just leave it at that.

During the Sampson hire there was a group of Trustees that reportedly were working to being in Alford. Some good rumor sources suggested he had a staff hired and was ready to go. The rumor grew into a 3 o clock press conference and Steve flying in when suddenly we get word that we hired Sampson.

I am not sure how far things ever got with Steve but I do believe there was a strong interest then by some trustees to hire an IU guy. I now think the search was disjointed and there may have been a few groups trying to bring in guys. Who knows but I sure hope we are not on that path again.

I am almost 99% sure that is who 87 is referencing. I think a lot of the younger generation would be pissed if he was hired

Keith is a great person as well as coach, but I didn't say he was the one. Let me just say this, I don't mind being discounted, after all, none of you know me personally. However, I've been fortunate to experience IU basketball in an era and from a perspective that few have had. I am immensely grateful for that, and it is for that reason alone that I care deeply for IU basketball. I'm sorry if I have offended some of you with my posts, I have what we used to call a type "A" personality. I would just suggest that as much as things change, they stay the same and the future will play out in the future. Much of what happens is determined by the Varsity Club members, they are the jokers with the juice, and until they decide, Glass doesn't know which way to turn his head. None the less, I believe that the next Coach will be someone from the past at IU.

I am almost 99% sure that is who 87 is referencing. I think a lot of the younger generation would be pissed if he was hired

Until the younger generation can start footing the bill, my friend, their opinion means diddly.

Until the younger generation can start footing the bill, my friend, their opinion means diddly.

Do you think the process is a centralized deliberate process targeting specific people? The time before Crean there was one group chasing
Alford while the president chased Sampson

Keith is a great person as well as coach, but I didn't say he was the one. Let me just say this, I don't mind being discounted, after all, none of you know me personally. However, I've been fortunate to experience IU basketball in an era and from a perspective that few have had. I am immensely grateful for that, and it is for that reason alone that I care deeply for IU basketball. I'm sorry if I have offended some of you with my posts, I have what we used to call a type "A" personality. I would just suggest that as much as things change, they stay the same and the future will play out in the future. Much of what happens is determined by the Varsity Club members, they are the jokers with the juice, and until they decide, Glass doesn't know which way to turn his head. None the less, I believe that the next Coach will be someone from the past at IU.

Sounds like IU athletics is a big political machine... Oh wait

DANE FIFE BABY!!!!!!!!!!

DANE FIFE BABY!!!!!!!!!!

That was one name my dad threw out there when he and I were texting after the Iowhattheheck game.

From conversations with him, seems like he thinks (and no he's not a source) we will go with an IU guy.

I know Fife doesn't have a lot of experience, but I do kinda want a young guy, who can come in and make another 30+ year dynasty. Not saying I think Fife is the guy we should go for, but I'd like to see someone young who isn't afraid to reshape the landscape of college basketball.

That was one name my dad threw out there when he and I were texting after the Iowhattheheck game.

From conversations with him, seems like he thinks (and no he's not a source) we will go with an IU guy.

I know Fife doesn't have a lot of experience, but I do kinda want a young guy, who can come in and make another 30+ year dynasty. Not saying I think Fife is the guy we should go for, but I'd like to see someone young who isn't afraid to reshape the landscape of college basketball.

Why? Since we have had good luck using the Izzo coaching tree?

Why? Since we have had good luck using the Izzo coaching tree?

Again my point is not fife, it's young guys. You could really put Stevens, Shaka Smart and Archie Miller in that category too.

And I'm not saying shut out other older guys either. I'd be totally down with Donovan, Matt or Greg Marshall too.

I just look at Knight and see how he was hired at 31 years old, and coached IU for 30 years and had a three-banner dynasty. I'd love to get to see that kind of coach in my lifetime.

I really have to question if they truly think the fan base will get behind a former Knight player. Like i keep saying, none of them are really anywhere close to being home runs. Not to mention we continue to distance ourselves from the Knight era, more and more fans weren't a part of that. Which would mean more and more don't feel the need to go get someone from that era. Just saying, they are taking a huge risk if they go that route, could see it back firing and wouldn't be surprised if it did

So when the younger generation, the students, don't go to games, it means nothing. Nice to know, again highly doubt this is accurate

King, student tickets could be cut in half, and we'd still sell out, even with the current bunch in hopes for having tickets in the future. Student tickets are a privilege, doled out as the AD desires.

I really have to question if they truly think the fan base will get behind a former Knight player. Like i keep saying, none of them are really anywhere close to being home runs. Not to mention we continue to distance ourselves from the Knight era, more and more fans weren't a part of that. Which would mean more and more don't feel the need to go get someone from that era. Just saying, they are taking a huge risk if they go that route, could see it back firing and wouldn't be surprised if it did

Why wouldn't they? Just because they are not viewed as 'hip' or forward thinking enough? Would Cal Cheaney upset you?

King, student tickets could be cut in half, and we'd still sell out, even with the current bunch in hopes for having tickets in the future. Student tickets are a privilege, doled out as the AD desires.

Oh cool. So let's try to distance the younger generation fans.