Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

HoosiersLoveBanners

Potential fallout from coaching change

I've never been a passionate Crean defender or detractor - I've felt we could do better, but also felt like "well, he's here for now, might as well support him." But that's changed. Honestly, it's about more than just winning and losing at this point - it's about how much he's alienated the fans. THAT more than anything is the reason I feel like he needs to go at this point.

That said, I firmly believe that he will be back, and I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if he were still here 2-3 years from now. Nobody with any real power seems to be in any rush to get rid of him. Maybe it's all Glass lawyer-speak like everyone says, but as far as we know right now, Glass' comments speak for themselves. Another year of transfers, increasingly fruitless recruiting, fielding a team with no center, pulling some decent wins but always sitting on the bubble and once again limping to the finish line. The script writes itself at this point.

Everyone starting these rumors are the same people that are gonna screw us over on people like Bryant. Like it or not, if Crean was coach next year we had everyone back and Bryant came who wouldn't be happy? Everyone is too quick to speculate at the wrong times. No one considering a school wants to hear about a potential coaching change. And plus people on our team probably like Tom (like Troy).. It could be like a package deal with some people and yall may end up regretting this.

Everyone starting these rumors are the same people that are gonna screw us over on people like Bryant. Like it or not, if Crean was coach next year we had everyone back and Bryant came who wouldn't be happy? Everyone is too quick to speculate at the wrong times. No one considering a school wants to hear about a potential coaching change. And plus people on our team probably like Tom (like Troy).. It could be like a package deal with some people and yall may end up regretting this.

I would not be happy about it at all. I would have to put up with another year of barely being able to watch the games because of crazy sub patterns, taking out the player that can't miss, and dealing with his horrible defense. Watching that for the last few years has absolutely been enough. Then if they have a team that makes another sweet 16 or has a decent regular season showing for a high seed and gets put out early they will just make us put up with him longer. So I for one am ready for a change now.

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT...

Be wise on who you believe and what you believe. We all have 'sources'...or at least believe we do. I wouldn't take anything to the bank until something actually happens.

So the two retired veterans down at the diner telling me Tom Crean is going to get fired because he is in on a government conspiracy with Obama is not a good source to cite?

Well today's events definitely throw some wrinkles into our current situation. I'm betting if we win Saturday and Crean locks up a commitment from Thomas Bryant a lot of posters would change their tune.

Tomorrow will be interesting that's for sure.