Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

HoosiersLoveBanners

Potential fallout from coaching change

I'd rather have Crean than Knight in 2015, all that would do is drag us back in to a past that will never be replicated. We are a program that should be contending/winning national titles. Bob Knight is not the man to do that in 2015.

I'd rather have Crean than Knight in 2015, all that would do is drag us back in to a past that will never be replicated. We are a program that should be contending/winning national titles. Bob Knight is not the man to do that in 2015.

Sad thing is I'd have more faith in 74 year old Bob Knight than Tom Crean.  Knight has forgotten more about the game than Crean will ever know.

Paraphrasing here, Dakish said nobody is gonna make indiana fans happy unless it's Bobby Knight.

For some fans that is absolutely true. They could go out get Popovich as head coach, coach K, Self, Pitino as his assistants, and Sean Miller as the lead recruiter and some of the fans would still be mad it wasn't Knight.

For some fans that is absolutely true. They could go out get Popovich as head coach, coach K, Self, Pitino as his assistants, and Sean Miller as the lead recruiter and some of the fans would still be mad it wasn't Knight.

people 50-60 and over. People 50 are under are connected to the real world as it relates to IUBB. I fall in the 2nd category.

Speaking only for myself, I have some very good and some very bad memories of Knight. He is/was a brilliant basketball mind and teacher. He's also a deeply flawed person. Knight gave me the pleasure of watching the best IU basketball I've seen in my 50+ years as a fan. I'm extremely grateful to have been around to see his teams play. But he crossed the line too many times and he needed to go. I wouldn't want him back as IU's coach even if he were 20 years younger. His era is over. We need a fresh new start. That may be Brad Stevens ( my first choice ) or Archie Miller ( my choice if we go with a "hot" young guy ) or somebody else. But, hey, let me enjoy my good memories of Knight without implying that I can't be happy with anyone else.

Also, I notice, the 20 yo fans think every fan that is unhappy is a Bob Knight lover. So completely untrue.

Eh, I'm 22 and I think that mostly just applies to the older fans..... usually because they have some RMK spin to their posting style. I appreciate what he did, but some have much rosier views of the guy than I do.

Edit: noticed Laz posted above me. This doesn't really apply to him nearly as much as some of the other older fans who post here

Speaking only for myself, I have some very good and some very bad memories of Knight. He is/was a brilliant basketball mind and teacher. He's also a deeply flawed person. Knight gave me the pleasure of watching the best IU basketball I've seen in my 50+ years as a fan. I'm extremely grateful to have been around to see his teams play. But he crossed the line too many times and he needed to go. I wouldn't want him back as IU's coach even if he were 20 years younger. His era is over. We need a fresh new start. That may be Brad Stevens ( my first choice ) or Archie Miller ( my choice if we go with a "hot" young guy ) or somebody else. But, hey, let me enjoy my good memories of Knight without implying that I can't be happy with anyone else.

sums it up really, really well. I respect what he accomplished too, but his time had passed. He was getting more and more crotchety. Haha.