Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

HoosiersLoveBanners

Potential fallout from coaching change

That Crean will now be fired for missing the NCAA tourney for the second year in a row (barring a late season comeback) and we hire a HOME RUN coach (Stevens fits here). Who do you think stays and who do you think transfers? I think if we get a great hire we can retain key players, if not, we could see a lot of players leave with him. Although, that may be a good thing.

Although i thought the NIT is where i thought we'd be, Crean still needs to go. Will we buy out his contract? ehh...... I don't know

If we're not going to get Stevens, then don't bother firing Crean for nothing. I don't need a mid-major coach coaching here.

I completely agree. We have to hit the home run. I think the alums will pony up the money, though

Although i thought the NIT is where i thought we'd be, Crean still needs to go. Will we buy out his contract? ehh...... I don't know.

If we're not going to get Stevens, then don't bother firing Crean for nothing. I don't need a mid-major coach coaching here. 

This is where I am.

I know you guys know this by now, and you guys are keeping it clean so far, but seriously keep it clean gents.......carry on

this is for everyone posting in any thread, we understand frustrations but tonight is not the night, trust me i wanna bang my head on the wall right now

Serious question...if a major coach with a proven track record, why not take a mid major with a proven track record?
Also, anyone with knowledge know if a buyout is possible?

I think it all depends on the coach who is brought in.  If it's the right hire I wouldn't be surprised to see everyone remain.  You also have to look at programs that would want the players.  Some of the more solid, younger players would have plenty of options but I'm not sure how many programs would take some of these guys.

Although i thought the NIT is where i thought we'd be, Crean still needs to go. Will we buy out his contract? ehh...... I don't know.

Stevens has only coached mid major college basketball and everyone loved him before he went to Boston. Gregg Marshall is in the same mold. He has never finished worse than 3rd in his conference in 16 years of head coaching experience. He is legit. I would fire Crean now and hire Marshall in a heartbeat. (Stevens would be my first call but I wouldn't hold the program hostage in the hopes of landing Stevens down the road.)

we understand frustrations but tonight is not the night

um.....

Thread title should be different, but out coach should too. I really am not sure what else there is to say about that, unless a person likes watching Indiana lose.

I think it all depends on the coach who is brought in. If it's the right hire I wouldn't be surprised to see everyone remain. You also have to look at programs that would want the players. Some of the more solid, younger players would have plenty of options but I'm not sure how many programs would take some of these guys.

I agree. It definitely matters who is hired to who stays/goes. But I think we could get at least an A- coach. We are not where we were before Crean got here