Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Bryan Medema

Potential coaching change suggestions

I can paraphrase:

Dakich: "Well, there are rumors swirling today that coach Tom Crean is negotiating an exit from Indiana University, and that Brad Stevens will assume the position, erm.....be approached about taking over as head coach at Indiana University. Now I've been in contact with coach Crean, and AD Fred Glass, Joani Crean, Jim Harbaugh, John Harbaugh, and Marth the Mop Lady, and they all assure me that there is nothing whatsoever to this rumor. In fact Joani said that she's planning on buying more crimson colored Bobbi Brook slacks this afternoon, and that speaks volumes in my mind".

I can paraphrase:

Dakich: "Well, there are rumors swirling today that coach Tom Crean is negotiating an exit from Indiana University, and that Brad Stevens will assume the position, erm.....be approached about taking over as head coach at Indiana University. Now I've been in contact with coach Crean, and AD Fred Glass, Joani Crean, Jim Harbaugh, John Harbaugh, and Marth the Mop Lady, and they all assure me that there is nothing whatsoever to this rumor. In fact Joani said that she's planning on buying more crimson colored Bobbi Brook slacks this afternoon, and that speaks volumes in my mind".

That's quite the gossip

I can paraphrase:

Hilarious, and completely plausible nonetheless!

Hilarious, and completely plausible nonetheless!

I can paraphrase:

This rumor has really taken on a life of its own on other boards.  The Creans want out, Brad has been offered, will know by tourney time, yada yada yada....and everyone has a source.  I have no sources. I really need to get out more.  

You're right, we don't want a former IU national champ, NBA player and coach at IU. He couldn't possibly understand the mindset or desire of recruits these days. Darn, sorry for not crossing him off the list!

The beauty of this forum is that we can agree to disagree.  I just don't think that Smart's background is what IU needs and I feel the same way about Woodson, Wittman, Chaney...  all of whom were great players.  I just think the experience of college level coaching and recruiting is more important for the long term success of the program.   There aren't a lot of pro coaches who seem to drift back to the college level and have success and a lot of college level coaches who try the NBA seem to drift back to the college level.    But I'm old and cranky and haven't had my daily nap yet.

To be honest I've been thinking a SEC football school is the best place for Crean. He gets paid well and no scrutiny. Plus his payday offsets what IU owes him. Win-win.

Please not South Carolina, although Frank Martin will get another year.

@crimsonquarry: Lots of rumors swirling, here’s what we know:

There is nothing concrete suggesting that Tom Crean is leaving #iubb for the UBofa job.

What about at the asphalt level? Maybe a nice mulched path level? I mean there are a lot of levels between where we are and concrete right