Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Bryan Medema

Potential coaching change suggestions

My issue with a pro coach that's never coached in college is that IMO to be a truly great recruiter you have to really be committed to it. We're already in a recruiting funk, how long will it take a guy that's never done it to get up to full speed? Recruiting is a dirty, time consuming game.

I agree also have to look at the other side from a recruit view and them possibly saying hmm this guy coached in the NBA he might get me there.

No, better than Alford. Let's let it brew a while. I'm not going to mention his name for reasons which may be obvious later, but it is a player respected by Hoosier fans. He was a very hard working smart player from the Knight era.

if you are referring to Zeke that would be a nightmare and I would literally stop supporting IU if that happened. I have personal reasons outside of his ineptitude. Not sure if he is who you are referring to

Guys, I'm not sayin Stevens is the next coach at IU but keep a couple things in mind:

1.I'm sure his wife/agent/lawyer left him an out in Boston.

2. I'm sure maybe the greatest basketball mind in the game today ,after watching and coaching against CTC, Stevens knew this day was coming at IU about now.

He's not coming here, nor do I believe an offer would be extended. I don't know of him personally expressing a desire to coach the Hoosiers, and it would take more that money for him to leave his current position.

if you are referring to Zeke that would be a nightmare and I would literally stop supporting IU if that happened. I have personal reasons outside of his ineptitude. Not sure if he is who you are referring to

Once a Hoosier, always a Hoosier, that's why there is so much fire in these posts!

He's not coming here, nor do I believe an offer would be extended. I don't know of him personally expressing a desire to coach the Hoosiers, and it would take more that money for him to leave his current position.

I'm sorry but if they didn't reach out and make every attempt to get Stevens then they didn't do a thorough job.  The guy is not only one heck of a basketball coach but he's a perfect fit here, hell he grew up idolizing IU and Bob Knight.

Fans will not pick the next IU coach. Just remember, whoever is chosen will have to bring Hoosier fans home, past and present. He will have to be skilled AND appeal to the full spectrum of the Indiana faithful, therefore, I believe that if and when change comes, we will look back to the future.

IU's Short List

1. Brad Stevens
2. Brad Stevens
3. Brad Stevens
4. Others
5. Tom Crean

I so hope you are right.  Looks a lot like my short list.

1.  Brad Stevens

2.  Stevens, Brad

3.  Current Celtics coach

4.  Others

5.  Gregg Marshall

6.  A few others

7.  Tom Crean as a placeholder until 1-3 is ready.

I so hope you are right. Looks a lot like my short list.

1. Brad Stevens
2. Stevens, Brad
3. Current Celtics coach
4. Others
5. Gregg Marshall
6. A few others
7. Tom Crean as a placeholder until 1-3 is ready.

I hate disappointment!