Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Bryan Medema

Potential coaching change suggestions

Unless we lose against Northwestern on Thursday, I see Bryant coming here and Crean staying. I know the rumor is that his wife and family don't want to be here anymore but Im not buying into that just yet.  I guess we'll see what happens on Thursday

Very true, we will find out a lot in the next few weeks.  I don't know Joani personally but I can imagine it would be difficult to live in a small town where they are turning on your husband. 

what current players could deal with a RMK as coach?

Yes... Colin, Devin, RoJo, Z, Yogi? JB2?

No...Stan, Troy

Note... Peter Jurkin would be in NBA now.

How about Devin and Holt setting screens for RoJo, JBJ, and Z to come off of for uncontested jumpers???  I don't think pu or wisky would be allowed to grab cutters and slashers like they do if RMK was patrolling the sidelines.

what current players could deal with a RMK as coach?

Yes... Colin, Devin, RoJo, Z, Yogi? JB2?

No...Stan, Troy

Note... Peter Jurkin would be in NBA now.

Lol....I think you're right maybe except Jimbo. His laid back style might bring out the worst in Knight. Jurkin would be the next Olajuwon.

Lol....I think you're right maybe except Jimbo. His laid back style might bring out the worst in Knight. Jurkin would be the next Olajuwon.

Whoever would be on his team, you can bet the bank on one thing. When playing Wisconsin, at least two of their players would wind up on their ass within the first five minutes of the game. He'd put Wisconsin on notice that the fun and games are over. Oh, and we'd win.

Howland's personality leaves something to be desired but his Pitt teams did play good defense.

If the IU faithful dealt with Knight's personality, they can easily deal with Howlands.

Howland can recruit, develop talent, and is a top 5 in game coach. He's made mistakes, certainly (Reeves Nelson and Kendall Marshall) but I'm sure he's learned from them and now has a chip on his shoulder. Even his last UCLA team probably had a sweet 16 run in them if Jordan Adams didn't break his foot in the conference tournament. The guy knows how to win.

I was always preaching about Steve Masiello last year and he has once again led his team to the tourney. After the whole scandal thing or whatever last summer, he was put on leave, but it's time for him to get a big time job offer again. I'm not sure he's ready for Indiana just yet, but he's young and promising.

I was always preaching about Steve Masiello last year and he has once again led his team to the tourney. After the whole scandal thing or whatever last summer, he was put on leave, but it's time for him to get a big time job offer again. I'm not sure he's ready for Indiana just yet, but he's young and promising.

I have been saying the same thing about Ray Harper. Not sure he wins the C-USA tourney this year, but he has a very mediocre team this year and he will have 20 wins. Look at his history, he is a great coach and will get a shot somwhere somtime soon.

I have been saying the same thing about Ray Harper. Not sure he wins the C-USA tourney this year, but he has a very mediocre team this year and he will have 20 wins. Look at his history, he is a great coach and will get a shot somwhere somtime soon.

Harper's gonna have a good team in the next couple seasons. This year's team is a little weird with its ups and downs, but it can certainly go on a run in the C-USA Tournament.

Most, if not every WKU fan, love Harper.

Harper is who I want aside from Stevens.

That is like a huge drop off

Stevens is option 1A. But, if not possible Harper has a good enough track record of success for a shot. He won everywhere he's been, with mediocre talent at best. If we get him as a coach and a good recruiter with Indiana ties, he's a hero.

Stevens is option 1A. But, if not possible Harper has a good enough track record of success for a shot. He won everywhere he's been, with mediocre talent at best. If we get him as a coach and a good recruiter with Indiana ties, he's a hero.

There are a number of options who are considerably better than him

NAME EM, punk !

Donovan, Marshall, Miller, Matta, and a number of others who have coached at higher profile jobs that I would consider even if they have had mixed results.

I'm not even saying he is a bad coach, but he has coached at a D2, school, a NAIA school, and is only in his fourth year in D1. This just reminds me of the dude last year who suggested Lightfoot at a head coach candidate. I don't see how they can be expected to step into IU and be ready for what is about to hit them

Donovan, Marshall, Miller, Matta, and a number of others who have coached at higher profile jobs that I would consider even if they have had mixed results.
I'm not even saying he is a bad coach, but he has coached at a D2, school, a NAIA school, and is only in his fourth year in D1. This just reminds me of the dude last year who suggested Lightfoot at a head coach candidate. I don't see how they can be expected to step into IU and be ready for what is about to hit them

can you categorize your choices from Definitely, probable, likely, 50/50, & not likely.

can you categorize your choices from Definitely, probable, likely, 50/50, & not likely.

Don't have any sources so can't really speak about any of that. But it's Indiana we shouldn't jump from, "Well we didn't get Stevens, our next best option is Harper." There are going to be better options after Stevens