Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

FortWayneHoosier

Indiana vs. Iowa Official Game Thread (7pm ET, ESPN)

Crean emailed the student body with a message asking for support at tonight's game as well as the athletic department

I don't really want to nitpick this but it's a pet peeve of mine. Put a team on the floor that fans can get excited about Coach. Don't implore the fans to make extra noise. We will do that just fine when there is a reason for it. This isn't your first 3 years.. do ur job..

I don't really want to nitpick this but it's a pet peeve of mine. Put a team on the floor that fans can get excited about Coach. Don't implore the fans to make extra noise. We will do that just fine when there is a reason for it. This isn't your first 3 years.. do ur job..

Eh I'd say it doesn't hurt. I'm sure he had someone draft and send the email for him. If it makes people just a little bit louder then it's a smart move in my opinion.

It shows me he knows how important these two games are; for Indiana basketball... And for Tom Crean.

Eh, I think its a cool way to get the fans a bit extra excited about the team. 

Anyway, back to the Iowa game..

[quote name="bleedhoosier" post="143631" timestamp="1425406535"]I don't really want to nitpick this but it's a pet peeve of mine. Put a team on the floor that fans can get excited about Coach. Don't implore the fans to make extra noise. We will do that just fine when there is a reason for it. This isn't your first 3 years.. do ur job..[/quote

Every athletic department and coach in the country sends emails like this. Coach K gets on the mic in Cameron Indoor before the game to speak to the crowd and get them pumped up.