Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BenzOrBeamer

Bracketology 3/2

This seems about right.  We all knew it would come down to these final 2 but I expect to win at least 1 at which point we should be in.

If you're surprised why we are in you should get out of the IU bubble for lack of a better word.  The overall crop of tourney teams is somewhat weak at the bottom and we have the benefit of beating teams that are solidly in (SMU, Maryland, Butler, Ohio State) while also beating other bubble teams (Illinois and Pitt).

Honestly though I would rather be an 11 than a  8, 9 or 10.  The drop off from the teams at the 1 or 2 seed level to the 3 seed level is big.  In addition most of the 6 seed type teams are also winnable games.  Being an 11 will end up being an easier path than being an 8/9/10.

I think we need to win 2. The 20 win plateau is not what it used to be. Teams are playing about 5 nore games now, then when 20 was a guarantee. Plus, I believe 1 BTT win.

I don't think there is any sort of "plateau" that needs to be reached.  Just looking at the bubble if we beat one of Iowa or MSU then we have a worthy tournament resume.

I have previously stated that I am history's No. 2 optimist, right behind George A. Custer.

Therefore, I have demonstrated that optimism by plunking down $10 on IU to win it all this year (via a friend who recently went to Reno).

I have also demonstrated loyalty...and more than likely, financial stupidity.

But that's what great fans do!

I believe we only need to win 1 more game to be in. Honestly I would rather be an 11 or 12 seed than an 8 or 9.

I wouldn't, sure your 2nd round opponent would be harder as an 8/9 but your first round opponent is going to be a top 25 team as an 11/12. Does anyone here think we can beat a top 25 team anywhere other than Bloomington?

I believe we only need to win 1 more game to be in. Honestly I would rather be an 11 or 12 seed than an 8 or 9.

If we only win 1 of 2, I would expect we would need a win in the tournament to feel safe. The committee looks at how a team finishes the season. The way we have played, not including the Rutgers game, we need to have a couple of good wins. I would rather not have to depend on a win in the conference tournament to get in.

I hate the 8-9 seed. At this point, I just want to be in.

Actually being an 8 or 9 seed if Villanova is the 1 in that bracket wouldn't be all that bad. I think we could beat Nova, in fact I think Nova could be the first 1 to be beaten by a 16 if they stay there.

I wouldn't, sure your 2nd round opponent would be harder as an 8/9 but your first round opponent is going to be a top 25 team as an 11/12. Does anyone here think we can beat a top 25 team anywhere other than Bloomington?

We beat Butler... That wasn't in Bloomington :)

I don't disagree with you, I would just rather play a top 25 team in the first round, rather then play a top 4 team in the second. But either way I just want to make the tourney!