Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Indiana-Pride

Mr. Sheehey

Will Sheehey=  6'7, Good Athlete, Good player. Time to lose the showboat act, and play the game the way it's suppose to be played. Start concentrating on all the little things and you become a great asset to this Basketball team!  Do it Will...  

That's his personality, how he plays the game. I like the intensity he brings to the court, sometimes wish he would slow down a bit. Catch the ball before you drive, that type of stuff. But asking him to change the way he plays is like asking Hulls not to shoot the deep ball or telling Vic not to dunk.

That's his personality, how he plays the game. I like the intensity he brings to the court, sometimes wish he would slow down a bit. Catch the ball before you drive, that type of stuff. But asking him to change the way he plays is like asking Hulls not to shoot the deep ball or telling Vic not to dunk.

Love his intensity! Showing his guns when scoring a basket, doing a dance before the line-up on the road in front of the home crowd  is not smart. When Hulls shoots a 3 he is concentrating, when Victor goes up for a dunk he is set on putting it down. Really like what he brings, just needs to keep emotions in check and try to do things right. You have to control emotions at tournament time. Go IU!

I think his days of excess showboating are numbered, but I hope he continues to bring his energy and emotion each and every game........he is greatly needed on this team as a go-to guy off the bench with the ability to guard 2's and 3's.

I Love Willie but he really needs to let his play do the smack talking!

This comment in no way blames him for the meltdown we had at Illinois

But his antics coast us 4 points and as we all know, we lost by 2! Our

Mental Toughness and turnovers that resulted in 28 points coast us that

One! We had better learn to finish off opponents when we have the chance,

And limit those unforced turnovers or we will be outta this B1G race!

He has been this way for a long time and we love it but as soon as he gets T'd up for it you want him to change. I think if he changes that the Hoosiers will lose a lot of energy off the bench. If you ask me lets keep Sheehey the way he is.

Will should have never gotten a T at IL. Being right behind the bench, it was appalling to watch as he was called for it, and some of the student section that I spoke to at halftime were honestly confused, but obviously they were more than happy to take it. 

That being said, Will is someone who loves being able to get into opponent's heads. One of the ways he does that is with his actions, which for the most part have been well-timed and earned. If it becomes a true problem, it will be taken care of by Crean & Co. Otherwise, enjoy it while it's here

His edge spreads through the team.  Every good team needs at least one player like Will Sheehey.  He can provide that spark, and take the crowds attention off all the other players.  Think about it like that, when Will is in the game, the crowd is so focused on him, the rest of players don't get bothered.  It's a win/ win because Will clearly loves to be that guy!

Sometimes, you can't help but get excited about certain situations. Obviously some of it is intentional, but one of my most memorable Sheehey moments is during the UK game last year where he hit a 3 and they called the timeout and he turned around with a big smile on his face. Was he maybe trying to taunt the UK players, who knows, but you could tell he was having fun. And sometimes that attitude gets the rest of the team just as hyped.